If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
I have a large selection of patterns in my Free Pattern Archives. Browse through them!
It’s been a while since I created a new pattern, so I got to work on creating a basket for Easter! This basket is a pretty quick project and I love the look of basketweave crochet! I hope you enjoy it!
Pattern created by Gayle www.planetmfiles.com
Size: Approximately 4 inches tall and 5 1/2 inches in diameter.
I used a medium weight yarn that I got from a bargain bin, in an off-white color. Make sure the yarn you pick is stiff enough that the basket will stand up by itself.
Crochet Hook – Size G-6 (4mm)
- Stitch markers. I use pieces of contrasting color yarn to use as markers.
Gauge: Not important
Abbreviations: ch = chain, sc = single crochet, sl st = slip stitch, st = stitch, dc = double crochet, fpdc = front post double crochet, bpdc = back post double crochet
- I found it helpful to use my stitch markers to mark the top of my turning chains as I made them and I moved the marker up as I went. I also used my stitch markers when making the bottom of the basket to mark the beginning of each round, moving the marker up to the beginning of each round as I progressed.
- The basket bottom is worked in rounds. Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join. Do not turn at the end of each round.
- Turn. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 13 each row.
- Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain), dc across: 12 dcs + turning ch = 13
- Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain), 1 fpdc, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 1 fpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
- Turn. ch2, (mark the top of your turning chain), 1 bpdc, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 1 bpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
- Repeat basket wall *row #5, row#4* 14 times
- Repeat basket wall row #5 one more time.
- Finish off leaving a yarn tail long enough to sew the basket wall into a circle.
- ch 2
- 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook – 6
- 2 sc in each sc around – 12
- *2 sc, 1 sc* around – 18
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sc* around – 24
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sc* around – 30
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sc* around – 36
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sc* around – 40
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sc* around – 46
- *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sc* around – 52
- sl st
- Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing bottom onto basket wall.
- Sew basket wall piece into a circle.
- Sew bottom on.
- Weave in all yarn ends.
This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws. It is intended for your personal use only. All other uses are strictly prohibited. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.
This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.
All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files