Free Crochet Guinea Pig Patterns

August 16th, 2010 · 15 Comments

I have been making crocheted guinea pigs for a long time.  Almost all of the guinea pigs I crochet have one front leg that is a different color than the other four legs.  That is because my daughter’s guinea pig, Cheeks, had one front leg that was white, while his other three legs were black!  Cheeks was a very well loved piggie!

This is the first time that I have converted one of my patterns to a PDF file.  This format will make printing the pattern easier for you!  You will need a PDF reader, like Adobe, to be able to open this file.  The Adober Reader is free through the Adobe website.

I’ve created a pattern for the adult guinea pig and a pattern for the baby guinea pig.  I hope you enjoy them!

Adult Guinea Pig Crochet Pattern

Baby Guinea Pig Crochet Pattern

If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com

Don’t miss a pattern!  Subscribe to my RSS feed and follow me on Twitter!

Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun!  I am beginning the process of converting all of my patterns to PDF files and will add the PDF links to each pattern post as they are created.

Tags: Crocheted Stuff · Free Patterns

• 1 Tweets that mention Free Crochet Guinea Pig Patterns -- Topsy.com // Aug 16, 2010 at 9:02 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Planetmfiles and Jess, maya. maya said: RT @Planetmfiles: My guinea pig crochet patterns are up! http://planetmfiles.com/2010/08/16/free-crochet-guinea-pig-patterns/ [...]

• 2 elk // Aug 16, 2010 at 3:23 pm

oh it is so sweet gayle…

• 3 Kimmie // Aug 16, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I hope it’s ok if I share your blog link with our 4-h cavy group ……. :)

• 4 DesignTies // Aug 17, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Absolutely adorable :-) If I knew how to crochet, I’d make my own little herd of guinea pigs!! :-)

I love that you were inspired by Cheeks to give all your crochet guinea pigs one different coloured leg. Such a sweet way to remember what I’m sure was a very special and well-loved fur baby :-)

I’ll be blogging about my secret vacation location soon!!

Kelly

• 5 Katie in MA // Aug 17, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Such cute little critters!! Gosh, I wish I knew how to crochet…

• 6 christina // Aug 18, 2010 at 9:45 am

positively adorable!
    xo

• 7 Austin // Aug 22, 2010 at 11:05 pm

wow, i cant wait to make an army of these, with camo colours and all, make weapons, omg this is going to be amazing, i love your patterns, you are one cool lady

• 8 Anna // Aug 28, 2010 at 11:13 am

One of these adorable little guinea pigs is being made right now in Sweden. Have been looking for a pattern for a really long time, so THANKS!

• 9 Sherry // Sep 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

This is so cute…i am going to try to make one or two for my girls although our guinea pig Rose is brown/white…so not sure i can make a crocheted one look like her. lol

• 10 Amiguruthi // Aug 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I’ve totally pinned this for a future project. I have a friend who owns 11 guinea pigs (possibly more actually) so perfect Christmas gift :)
    Thanks for sharing the pattern!

• 11 Bonnie // Aug 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Hi, thanks so much for sharing your pattern. My daughter’s daycare just got pet guinea pigs so I think I’ll make a matching set for the kids to play with. Thanks again :)

• 12 Pat // Aug 22, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I could not get the direction on page 1 and 2 to print. I make things like this for the Children hospital and St Jude’s children. I thought this would go over big with the kids.

• 13 MCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I wonder if using one of the mohair or fun-fur yarns would work? Long-hair piggies!

• 14 Jason // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:41 am

How do you make the nose and mouth?

• 15 Barbara // May 29, 2013 at 11:30 am

How do you make the nose and mouth for the guinea peg? I couldn’t find any instructions in the pattern.