Free Crochet Basketweave Bracelet Pattern

May 11th, 2010 · 25 Comments

Click on any photo to see it larger.

Buttons sewn onto the first 8 rows of single crochets.

Triple Crochets at the other end of the bracelet.

Crochet Basketweave Bracelet

My Basketweave Bracelet could also be named The Bracelet That Languished on My Coffee Table For a Month Begging to Be Finished.  But that name is way too long!

Basketweave Bracelet

Pattern created by Gayle www.planetmfiles.com

Size: Approximately 1-1/2 inches wide, make it as long as you need it.

Materials:

• Size 10 crochet thread. I used Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet Thread in the color Blue Hawaii
  • Crochet Hook – Size US 7/1.5 mm
  • Buttons that will fit through your double or triple crochet.
  • Stitch markers.  I use small pieces of contrasting color crochet thread to use as markers.

Gauge: Not important

Abbreviations: ch = chain,  sc = single crochet, sl st = slip stitch, st = stitch, dc = double crochet, fpdc = front post double crochet, bpdc = back post double crochet, tr = triple crochet

Notes: I find it helpful to use my stitch markers to mark the top of my turning chains as I make them and move the marker up as I go.

Pattern:

To begin: This portion of the bracelet is where you will eventually sew on the buttons.  You can make more or less rows of single crochets, depending on the size of your buttons.

1. chain 14.
  2. Turn. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 13 each row.  Repeat this row until there are enough rows to accommodate the size of your buttons.  I crocheted eight rows of sc’s to accommodate the size of my buttons.

Now, you are moving on to the basketweave portion of the bracelet.

1. Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain!), dc across:  12 dcs + turning ch = 13
  2. Turn. ch 2 (mark the top of your turning chain!), 1 fpdc, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 1 fpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
  3. Turn. ch2,  (mark the top of your turning chain!), 1 bpdc, 3 fpdc’s, 3 bpdc’s, 3 fpdc’s, 1 bpdc, 1 dc in top of turning ch.
  4. Repeat basketweave row #3.
  5. Repeat basketweave row #2.
  6. Continue on in the pattern of row  2 – 3 – 3 – 2  until your bracelet is the correct length.  I continued in this pattern until the working end of the bracelet just met the beginning of the bracelet when placed around my daughter’s wrist.

Now you will make the portion of the bracelet that serves as the button holes.

1. Turn. ch1, sc across – 13 (last sc is in the top of the turning ch of the previous row)
  2. Turn. Now either ch 2 and dc across, or ch3 and tr across.  Whether you dc or tr will depend on your button size and which it fits through better.
  3. Turn. Slip stitch across.  Finish off  and weave in the ends.

Show off your new bracelet!  I hope you enjoy this pattern!

This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws.  It is intended for your personal use only.  All other uses are strictly prohibited.  Do not reprint this pattern without my express written permission. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.

This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.

All Rights Reserved.

© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files

If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com

Don’t miss a pattern!  Subscribe to my RSS feed and follow me on Twitter!

Another bracelet pattern created by me is My Girl’s Crochet Bracelet.

I have about twenty-one  patterns in my Free Pattern Archives.  Browse through them!

Tags: Crocheted Stuff · Free Patterns

• 1 Katie in MA // May 11, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Oh I luuuuurve the buttons! You could have lots of fun searching through button stores and antique malls for some fun buttons to use on those bracelts. :) And the color blue is gorgeous!

• 2 Elk // May 11, 2010 at 5:34 pm

wow what great style…how long does it take you to make something like this?

• 3 elizabeth // May 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm

That would be a fun bracelet. I love the blue/buttons.

• 4 Kimmie // May 12, 2010 at 11:56 am

I love your “Languish” title …
    Sounds like some of my projects involving yarn!
    Beautiful bracelet – I “lurve” the buttons too :)

• 5 Se'lah // May 12, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I love to basketweave so this just tickles my soul.
    Wish I could crochet. Sending you love.

• 6 mrs. e // May 12, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Cute! I’m fond of the buttons, too!

• 7 Gayle // May 13, 2010 at 11:14 am

Hi Elk!
    I’m not really sure. This took a long time, but I was creating the pattern as I was making it, so that adds time. Also, while I love that way the basketweave pattern looks, it’s not easy to do with the crochet thread and a small hook. Working with the small thread, my eyes get worn out and my hands get tired and I get fidgety if I work too long! I would guess that if I was working from a pattern that already existed it would take about 3 hours of working time.

• 8 Connie // May 13, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Is the repetition 2-3-3-2-3-3-2-3-3-2
    or is it 2-3-3-2-2-3-3-2-2-3-3-2????????

• 9 Gayle // May 13, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Hi Connie,
    It’s 2-3-3-2-2-3-3-2-2-3-3-2 and so on.

• 10 patty // May 15, 2010 at 5:44 pm

you’re amazing! and its beautiful! i can’t believe that’s crocheted!

• 11 Austin // May 17, 2010 at 6:22 pm

that is so cool, i have a grandmother who knits, and she talks about basket weave pattern in kniting, but i like this better, of course i havent really gotten into crochet thread, i am getting into fun fur, and homespun right now, making prayer shawl and a hat, it is so cool

• 12 farawla // Jun 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Iwant to send for me all thing about crochet thankyou

• 13 Caitlin S // Sep 5, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I think I’m going to have to add this to my (very long) to-do list! I might wait till I’m a bit better at crochet, but maybe next spring this would make a wonderful gift for my sister’s 18th birthday. I think she’d really love this. It matches her style.

Thank you!

• 14 Emilie D. Wolf // Dec 6, 2010 at 2:32 am

It took me some time to figure out the pattern (crochet newbie) but once I got over that hurdle, it was quick and painless and turned out great!
    I will enjoy wearing it!

Thanks!

• 15 jimmye wolfe // Mar 23, 2011 at 5:43 am

it takes a lot to get me away from sketching…but i think you have done it!!

• 16 Stephanie // May 9, 2011 at 12:16 am

too cute! I can’t wait to put my own spin on it. Thanks for sharing!

• 17 Crochet/Knitting Projects | Pearltrees // Mar 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm

[…] Crochet Basketweave Bracelet My Basketweave Bracelet could also be named The Bracelet That Languished on My Coffee Table For a Month Begging to Be Finished . But that name is way too long! Basketweave Bracelet Free Crochet Basketweave Bracelet Pattern – StumbleUpon […]

• 18 Пролетна гривна | Жълтото коте // Feb 1, 2014 at 4:37 am

[…] А я гледах от тук. […]

• 19 bikes for toddlers // Aug 12, 2014 at 9:01 am

If you are going for most excellent contents like me, just pay a visit this web page all the time since it gives quality contents, thanks

• 20 Annie // Aug 27, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Hi! Great pattern! Thank you! Is there a way to get your patterns in PDF format?

• 21 Gayle // Aug 28, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Hi Annie!
    I have only made some of my patterns PDF files. I’m too busy right now to do more of them. :)

• 22 Eric // Sep 4, 2014 at 9:42 pm

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I’m
    glad that you just shared this helpful info with us.

Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

• 23 http://polandspring.loginm.net // Sep 24, 2014 at 8:27 am

This post will assist the internet viewers for setting up new web site or even a weblog from start to end.

• 24 Automatic Lead Tools Review // Oct 2, 2014 at 1:15 am

Very shortly this website will be famous amid all blogging viewers, due to
    it’s good posts