Jewels

February 23rd, 2010 · 11 Comments

I have met many warm, generous, kind and lovely women on the internet in the one (and almost a half) years since I started this blog.  One of those special women is Se’Lah of Necessary Room.  Se’Lah is someone that is always doing what she can to make this world a better place.  I had the opportunity to participate in both of her *gift of jewels* pen pal events that spread love and peace all around the world!  Well, you can’t imagine my surprise when my gift arrived this month and it was from Se’Lah!  She and her daughter made me these beautiful prayer flags and included some lovely scents, too!

The prayer flags are brightening my kitchen on these dreary colorless days of winter and they are brightening my heart, too!  Thank you so much, Se’Lah!  You are a jewel!

Tags: Blogging

• 1 DesignTies // Feb 23, 2010 at 9:04 am

Blogging is full of fantastic people and experiences, isn’t it?? :-) The flags are a wonderful colourful addition to your kitchen :-)

You know, I hadn’t even noticed that there’s no fridge in that kitchen picture that I posted!! Good observation :-)

Kelly

• 2 se'lah // Feb 23, 2010 at 10:52 am

I feel like frosty the snowman in the greenhouse…melting slowly but surely. you are too sweet, Gayle.

love ya.
    .-= se’lah´s last blog ..*gift of jewels* are arriving… =-.

• 3 Jane // Feb 23, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Goodness, what a beautiful jewel. Love to get to meet so many (to me) new bloggers. Spring is on the way, repeat…

• 4 elk // Feb 23, 2010 at 9:14 pm

ah these are so lovely!! I just relish that her daughter helped her…

• 5 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Feb 23, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Very pretty.
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..What is Worth the Lifetime it Takes to Get it? =-.

• 6 Diane // Feb 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

I’m familiar with the Tibetan prayer flags but these are so bright, cheery, and entirely unique.

• 7 Tracy // Feb 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

Oh, how beautiful… that is the happiest prayer flag I think I’ve ever seen… Se’Lah has such a big heart, and it shows in the gift! And so sweet her daughter helped to make it too… aaawww… very special *Gift of Jewels* Happy Day, Gayle :o) ((HUGS))

• 8 Liz // Feb 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm

How sweet! Love these. And yes, it’s astounding the wonderful friends we meet out here! :)
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..Mabel’s Momentary Mohawk =-.

• 9 Puna // Feb 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Adorable!

• 10 patty // Feb 24, 2010 at 9:55 pm

i love this, and love her concept. been enjoying her blog lately, too. so neat that she was your jewel-giver!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..about my son… =-.

• 11 Relyn // Feb 24, 2010 at 10:10 pm