My blogging friend Maya at Springtree Road has the coolest banner image up for December. It’s a photo of her retro-look white Christmas tree. I mentioned in her comment section that when I was little, we had a silver aluminum(?) Christmas tree for a few years. It had no lights on it. My dad had a rotating lighted color wheel that shone on it. I wonder if the combo of a metal tree and those old Christmas lights would have been setting yourself up for a totally electrified tree! Yikes!
Maya said she would love to see a picture of the tree, so I went looking through old photos and found one!
Here is it and here I am, when I was nine months old! I don’t see the color wheel in the photo, but I do see that my mom got an iron that year for Christmas! She must have been thrilled.
Do you have a memory you would like to share today? Just leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky! If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-first!
Don’t forget, Se’Lah’s Gift of Jewels giveaway is open until Jan. 6, 2010. Get on over there and enter for each day’s gift!