Today in celebration of a mammogram and ultrasound that had excellent results (woo hoo!!!), here is a recipe for one of my favorite desserts! Pumpkin Cake!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square pan. (I don’t have a 9″ square pan so I used a 9″ round.)
1. To prepare cake. In a bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and oil. At low speed, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat for 1 minute.
2. Pour batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Mine took about 35 minutes. Maybe this is because I used a round pan.) Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
3. To prepare frosting: Beat confectioner’s sugar and remaining frosting ingredients for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Frost cake when cool
This recipe is so easy and quick and the cake is really moist and delicious. I don’t really like pumpkin pie, but I love this cake! You don’t even need to frost it. My daughter likes it better without the frosting! Oh, and it smells divine while it’s cooking. Yum!