Pumpkin Cake

November 18th, 2009 · 15 Comments

Today in celebration of a mammogram and ultrasound that had excellent results (woo hoo!!!), here is a recipe for one of my favorite desserts!  Pumpkin Cake!

Pumpkin Cake 11-15-09 003 (Medium)

Pumpkin Cake

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

Frosting Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square pan.  (I don’t have a 9″ square pan so I used a 9″ round.)

1. To prepare cake.  In a bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes.  Beat in pumpkin and oil.  At low speed, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Beat for 1 minute.

2. Pour batter into your prepared pan.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  (Mine took about 35 minutes.  Maybe this is because I used a round pan.)  Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.

3. To prepare frosting: Beat confectioner’s sugar and remaining frosting ingredients for 2 minutes or until fluffy.  Frost cake when cool

This recipe is so easy and quick and the cake is really moist and delicious.  I don’t really like pumpkin pie, but I love this cake!  You don’t even need to frost it.  My daughter likes it better without the frosting!  Oh, and it smells divine while it’s cooking.  Yum!

Tags: Cooking

• 1 vchelle // Nov 18, 2009 at 8:29 am

Scrumptious!! Great news!!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..I’ll be back… =-.

• 2 spread your wings // Nov 18, 2009 at 9:48 am

that’s really great news. i know it must put you at ease now.
    the recipe sounds good for a Thanksgiving meal ; )
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..peek / peep =-.

• 3 Shannon // Nov 18, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I am so happy things turned out good! All those prayers did pay off!!! And that cake yummo!!!
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Gobble Gobble =-.

• 4 Puna // Nov 18, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Thank goodness Gayle.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..November 18, Inverse =-.

• 5 Kimmie // Nov 18, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I bought 6 cans of pumpkin today because I heard there will be a shortage of pumpkin pie filling ….. too much rain in the midwest! Now I’ll have to get more!!!

• 6 DesignTies // Nov 18, 2009 at 5:34 pm

You had me at cream cheese frosting. YUM-MY. I’m not really a frosting person, but I could eat a bowl of cream cheese frosting all by itself — forget the cake!!

Good to hear you had excellent test results :-)

This is my new lens:

Nikon 55-200mm VR lens

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..A little kitchen sneak-peek =-.

• 7 margie // Nov 19, 2009 at 7:37 am

i would be eating that for breakfast. i love cake for breakfast!
    .-= margie´s last blog ..Give Love =-.

• 8 e l k // Nov 19, 2009 at 8:56 am

i am so pleased with the news Gayle! AND anew recipe too, looks and sounds delish!

• 9 mrs. e // Nov 19, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Happy for your tests!! No better way to celebrate than with pumpkin! Pumpkin and I are on a first name basis! : )
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Thankful Thursday =-.

• 10 Se'lah // Nov 19, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Celebrating with you!!!

whoo-hooo

• 11 Katie in MA // Nov 19, 2009 at 1:45 pm

It looks delicious! I am trying to figure out what I want to bake for Thanksgiving. I better narrow it down, or else I need to start baking this weekend. :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Love struggles. =-.

• 12 stephanie @ chocolateandwhine.com // Nov 24, 2009 at 11:21 am

Oh my. You’re making me hungry. This looks so good. A couple of days ago, while my husband and I were getting ready for work, we were listening to the news and heard that there would be a shortage of pumpkins this year due to flooding (I think) in the midwest. After work that night, I went straight to Target to buy some pumpkin because there was no way I was going without through Thanksgiving. I have pies to bake here! Target was completely out so I went to the next grocery store. They had tons (which made me wonder if the news report might have been a bit premature) but I still grabbed five big cans of pumpkin.

Now I know exactly what I’m going to bake next!

• 13 sunnymama // Dec 3, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Mmm! Looks delicious! Congratulations on your results. :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Another anniversary =-.

• 14 Pumpkin Cake, Yum! // Oct 29, 2010 at 4:17 pm

[…] dairy in it (as long as it stays frosting-less), , because it is so yummy…I’m making this Pumpkin Cake today!  The bonus was the cool sun-shiny reflection from the bowl of pumpkin on my kitchen […]

• 15 d @ qdm // Nov 1, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Oh my-My oldest is going to be so happy!!!! Thank you for the recipe!