These little pilgrim hats are so quick and easy to make that you can make at bunch really quickly! I think these would be really cute place markers at your Thanksgiving table!
Crochet Pilgrim Hat
Pattern created by Gayle www.planetmfiles.com
Size: Approximately 2 inches tall
Worsted weight yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver, Color: Black
- Worsted weight yarn. Small amount of Gold or Yellow. I used gold.
Stitch marker (I use a small piece of a contrasting color of yarn)
Crochet Hook – Size G
Gauge: Not important
Abbreviations: sc = single crochet, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, st = stitch, sc inc = single crochet increase.
Notes: This hat is made in rounds. Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join. Do not turn at the end of each round.
8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Mark first st for beginning of round and move marker up for each round.
2 sc in each sc around – 16 sc.
- In back loops only, 1 sc in each sc around – 16 sc.
- Working in both loops again, 1 sc in each sc around for 4 rounds – 16 sc in each round.
- In front loops only, 1 sc in each sc around – 16 sc.
- Working in both loops again, *sc inc, 1 sc in next sc* around – 24 sc.
- *sc inc, 1 sc in next 2 sc* around – 32 sc.
- Sl St.
- Finish off and weave in yarn ends.
Belt – to go around Hat (The belt is not worked in rounds.)
- Ch 21 (Depending on your gauge you may have to chain more or less. Make the chain long enough to go around the hat as shown in the photos.)
- Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain.
- Finish off leaving a yarn tail long enough to sew belt onto hat.
- Using a small amount of gold or yellow yarn, sew a buckle onto the middle of the belt by making a rectangle with straight stitches. I knotted the gold yarn and hid the yarn ends in the belt.
- Sew the belt onto the hat with the yarn ends.
You are finished!
This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws. It is intended for your personal use only. All other uses are strictly prohibited. Do not reprint this pattern without my express written permission. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.
This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.
All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun!