Monday Memories: The Thirty-first!

October 4th, 2009 · 8 Comments

Sept-Oct 2002 048 cropped (Medium)

Halloween 2002

My memories today are of Halloweens past.  The month or more of each kid deciding what they were going to be, the pumpkin carving, the decorating, the anticipation!

Halloween 2002 was the last year that all three of my sweeties went trick-or-treating!  The next year my oldest son decided he was too old to trick-or-treat.  My daughter hung in up until last year, when she decided she was too old for it.  This year my youngest son is saying he’s not going.  Sheesh!

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Thirty-second!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Virginia & Me : LifeSignatures // Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 am

[…] Posted on Gayle’s Monday Memories. […]

• 2 Puna // Oct 5, 2009 at 9:09 am

Hey Gayle! My kids decided not to trick or treat a couple of years ago. I’m actually glad, there was an awful lot of walking around….
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Virginia & Me =-.

• 3 DesignTies // Oct 5, 2009 at 10:24 am

Bummer — no more trick-or-treating means no more candy for you to confiscate and hide in your secret candy hiding place!! 😉

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Moony Monday Memories =-.

• 4 Kimmie // Oct 5, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I hadn’t thought that far ahead to when they won’t want to go anymore ….. awwwwwww …. that’s sad!
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..the fire poppy =-.

• 5 elk // Oct 5, 2009 at 4:43 pm

argh …ahoy Gayle and your maties!! BOO!

trick or treat memories will always be very special!

• 6 Katie @ Can't Get There // Oct 5, 2009 at 7:11 pm

I can’t believe I forgot to link this morning! Guess running after a feverish child will do that to you. Love that your daughter dressed up like a pirate! Gracie was torn between Laura from Little House on the Prairie or a pirate this year. Laura won out!
    .-= Katie @ Can’t Get There´s last blog ..What I wouldn’t give for a corner store. =-.

• 7 spread your wings // Oct 6, 2009 at 10:03 am

this is an adorable photo. i was sad when T was too old to go trick or treating too. she always loved dressing up and i usually made her costumes. One year in high school she and a group of friends dressed up and had a murder mystery party on Halloween. it was a lot of fun for them.

• 8 Moony Monday Memories | home designs wallpaper // Oct 29, 2014 at 6:37 pm

[…] week, I check out Gayle’s Monday Memories blog party over at Planet M Files. But I’ve never actually participated — I’m like that party […]