Monday Memories: The Eleventh!

May 17th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Unrelated photo, because I don't have a related photo!

Unrelated photo, because I don't have a related photo!

We have had a some nice days in between all of the rain and it has gotten me thinking of those wonderful, warm spring days of childhood!  When I was little I had a tricycle, as probably most did.  I loved that trike!  I rode it up and down our sidewalk all spring and summer long.  I was allowed to ride from my house to the house at one end of our block.  It was just two houses away, but I felt so free and independent!  I rode past Mr. Smith’s house, which was right next to ours.  He lived alone. He seemed nice, but my mom always warned me, “Don’t go into his house!”  It smelled really musty in front of his house.  He had a lot of ivy growing.  I wonder if he had a mold problem.  Next, at the end of the block was Mrs. Egenberger’s house.  She lived alone and she was not nice.  She had a strong dislike of children and didn’t want any noise outside her house.  I’m sure the noise of my tricycle wasn’t much and I was a very quiet child, but still she occasionally yelled.  Sometimes I turned around before I got to her sidewalk section!  In my memories I can still smell the fresh smell of spring air.  I can feel the warmth of the sun on my skin and feel the breeze in my hair, and I remember the glorious feeling of freedom and the joy of riding on that little tricycle!

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Twelve!

Tags: Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // May 18, 2009 at 6:58 am

Happy Monday to you Gayle.

Puna’s last blog post..When I Grow Up

• 2 Gayle // May 18, 2009 at 8:14 am

Hi Puna!
    And the same to you!

• 3 mrs. e // May 18, 2009 at 8:20 am

I’m back!! Happy Monday! Happy Almost Summer around here. (Well, school is almost out, even if summer doesn’t start until June 21!

mrs. e’s last blog post..Summer Memories

• 4 Gayle // May 18, 2009 at 8:59 am

Hi mrs. e!
    Happy Monday! Can you believe I have to cover my little seedlings tonight because they are forecasting 30-35 degrees?! Ridiculous! Where’s spring?

• 5 elk // May 18, 2009 at 9:22 am

gayle i keep forgetting the monday post…could it be that my memory is going ?!?! i am glad to visit here and read all the great stories…thanks for hosting this ….it is a great start to my week!

• 6 Gayle // May 18, 2009 at 11:58 am

Hi elk!
    Thank you for visiting!

• 7 sunnymama // May 18, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Your post made your memory so very real, I was taken back to a time when I felt the exhilaration of riding my bike to the end of the street and back. An epic journey at the time :)

sunnymama’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: to new friendships…

• 8 Gayle // May 19, 2009 at 8:56 am

Hi sunnymama!
    You are so right! Those little journeys to the end of the street were epic!

• 9 spread your wings // May 19, 2009 at 5:30 pm

i like this memory. just the other day i was having similar memories of childhood summers on my bike and the freedom we enjoyed in those days.
    i’m so sorry i have not been posting my monday memories. i always intend to and then fail.
    i want to take this time right now to thank you for your friendship. your consistent visits and comments to my blog means more than you know. thank you.

spread your wings’s last blog post..out of season?

• 10 Se'Lah // May 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Beautiful unrelated photo 😉 Love that purple.

In this post, you described your neighbour well…I want to hop on the back of your trike and peel out.

I am remembering my aunt…

Se’Lah’s last blog post..air, where hath thou gone?

• 11 Gayle // May 20, 2009 at 8:03 am

Hi spread your wings!
    Your friendship means so much to me, too. Please don’t feel like you should apologize for forgetting to post Monday Memories. Sometimes, I almost forget!

Hi Se’Lah!
    Thank you! I had forgotten about the trike having that little step thing to stand on in the back!