It is chilly, cloudy and windy here. We don’t have any flowers around my neighborhood yet and I am so desperate for spring! Here is a really easy and quick crochet pattern for making your own flowers!
Pattern created by Gayle www.planetmfiles.com
Size: Approximately 3 inches
Worsted weight yarn. I used a medium purple for the petals and yellow for the center of the flower.
Crochet Hook – Size G
Gauge: Not important
Abbreviations: sc = single crochet, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, st = stitch, tr = triple crochet
With purple, chain 2.
5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st.
- tr in same st as you joined in
- 2 tr in next st
- ch 3
- sl st in same st as you did the 2 tr’s in. (First petal is now formed.)
- *ch 3, tr in next st, 2 tr in next st, ch3, sl st in same st as you did the 2 tr’s in.* twice, finish off (This forms the 2nd and 3rd petals.)
With yellow, chain 2.
5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join. Finish off.
Join purple onto one of the yellow sc’s with a sl st
*ch3, tr in the same st as you joined in, 2 tr in the next st, ch 3, sl st in same st as the st as you did the 2 tr’s in. *(This forms the first petal.)
- sl st in the next 3 st
- Repeat step 4 to form the second petal.
- sl st into the first st where you joined the purple yarn to the yellow.
- Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing front and back petals together.
- Sew front petals to back petals. That’s it!
I hope you enjoy this pattern!
This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws. It is intended for your personal use only. All other uses are strictly prohibited. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.
This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.
All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
Browse through my free pattern archives for more fun and quick crochet patterns.
Don’t forget, Monday Memories Linky will be up on Sunday (4/5/09) night around 10pm EDT. I would love for you to share your memories with us!