Monday Memories: The Third!

March 22nd, 2009 · 15 Comments

hershey-2000-small

Oh, what a summer vacation this was!  Just look at my youngest son, a little less than 3 years old, asleep on my husband’s shoulder.  My oldest son, who was 7, is sitting next to my husband.  He looks so little.  This was before he got glasses.  My daughter is next to me.  She was 4-1/2 then and she certainly made this vacation memorable!

We didn’t know it before we got there, but she was apparently getting a stomach virus.  We arrived and checked into the Hershey Lodge and headed out to tour around.  She said she felt nauseous.  The smell of the chocolate in some areas of town made it worse.  The next morning, she was still wasn’t feeling great, but back then she did have a sensitive stomach so we didn’t think much of it.  Then we went to breakfast at one of the dining rooms of the Lodge.  We ate some and she said she didn’t feel good…and proceeded to throw-up onto the table! It wasn’t a lot, but when you’re sitting in a public dining room, it doesn’t need to be much to be gross!  We got out of there and she felt okay again.  Then she developed a low fever.  So, we did what we had to do, being that we had traveled to an amusment park for a fun filled vacation with our three kids.  We gave her some Children’s Motrin, popped her into the double stroller we had at the time, and headed to Hershey Park!  She felt okay for the rest of the day and we all actually had fun.  The next morning she felt sick again, so we skipped the dining room and we packed everything up and came home.  It was a very quick vacation. Until fairly recently, the smell of chocolate still made her feel nauseous.

That was our memorable summer vacation in 2000!  What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Four!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Lmerie // Mar 22, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Uh oh! I remember a trip to the beach and catching the throw up Demolition D (he was 2.5) offered. Motherly instinct set in as well as the not making a mess mode! My friend looked at me like I was crazy – then she grabbed a diaper to help me out! ugh!

Lmerie’s last blog post..Photo Phun Phriday – Pie!!

• 2 laura-dolcepics // Mar 23, 2009 at 3:19 am

Difficult times often are most easily remembered. As difficult as they were, it’s a memory nonetheless and a story you can tell the kids years down the road. :) Hmm… what shall I reminisce about today?

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..At The Ironworks Studios – A Lighting Setup

• 3 East Coast Wahine // Mar 23, 2009 at 4:25 am

What a great travel memory! I remember taking the kids to Hawaii for Christmas and New Years to visit with my family. Poor youngest DD was 5 at the time and she started to feel sick right before we landed. As soon as we got out into the terminal she threw up. But she was fine the rest of the month-long trip.

East Coast Wahine’s last blog post..Monday Memories – Lonely Skydiver

• 4 mrs. e // Mar 23, 2009 at 7:11 am

I have also been remembering a trying time…and how it has changed me.

mrs. e’s last blog post..

• 5 ELK // Mar 23, 2009 at 7:41 am

oh poor thing…chocolate memories!

ELK’s last blog post..metal and glass

• 6 Angela’s Peony Patch » Blog Archive » Monday Memories // Mar 23, 2009 at 8:27 am

[…] check out others’ memories, snap on over to Gayle’s Monday Memories Party! Happy […]

• 7 Angela // Mar 23, 2009 at 8:33 am

This reminds me a time when I told my parents I didn’t feel good, and they still proceeded to go eat at the fish camp. They gave me hush puppies. I made the entire restaurant sick when I proceeded to get sick all over my plate…I NEVER ate there again.

Angela’s last blog post..Monday Memories

• 8 Puna // Mar 23, 2009 at 8:37 am

Hi Gayle! In memory of my brother-in-law.

• 9 spread your wings // Mar 23, 2009 at 9:47 am

aw, poor thing. well certainly a trip you’ll never forget but maybe not in the fondest of ways. does she like chocolate now?

spread your wings’s last blog post..drying / dried

• 10 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Mar 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Oh my goodness! What memories!

I can’t wait to read the other posts! The posts are always so interesting!

Sorry I couldn’t make it this week.

~Kim

Kim@ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Toile Party Giveaway – Making a No Sew Pillow in Less Than 10 Minutes!

• 11 Shannon // Mar 23, 2009 at 4:28 pm

There is nothing like a good amusement park to bring a family together. And add the chocolate to make it perfect. It is such a shame that your daughter missed out all those years not liking the smell of chocolate. I’m glad it has recently changed for her.

• 12 Monkey's Momma // Mar 23, 2009 at 5:37 pm

We went there for our Senior Trip in 1987. I remember the smell of chocolate throughout the town.

Kids do have a way of making trips memorable, don’t they?

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..I Have Been Keeping A Secret

• 13 Shalet // Mar 23, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Poor girl being sick on vacation! No fun!

This week I have a new memory post up for you instead of linking to an old one! It’s about time, ‘eh?

:o)

Shalet’s last blog post..Monday Memories: The Commute

• 14 Stephanie // Mar 24, 2009 at 4:53 pm

The Husband and I took a road trip throughout New England back in ’07. It was amazing. One of our stops was in Hershey and we got to go to Hershey Park. Hershey’s is my favorite chocolate so, for me, that was the experience of a lifetime. No, seriously. Only problem was that on our last day there, we went to shop and all the power went out for a couple of hours. Don’t worry, I still came home with way too much chocolate and other assorted Hershey goods.

Stephanie’s last blog post..The last twelve days of my life gone forever.

• 15 Monday Memories: The Fifth! // Jun 13, 2009 at 9:14 am

[…] and check out previous Monday Memories! The First, The Second, The Third and The […]