This pattern is for the stockings. I will post the pattern for the little stocking bear in a few days, as soon as I get a chance to type it up! Edited to Add: The Tiny Bear Pattern is now posted! Click here!
Little Stocking – Pattern Created by Gayle
Size: about 5 inches from toe to top
- Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Red, Hunter Green, Lt. Periwinkle and Green
- Size G Hook
- Stitch marker (I use a small piece of a contrasting color yarn)
Gauge: Not important
Abbreviations:sc = single crochet, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc dec = single crochet decrease
Notes: Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join. Do not turn at the end of each round. This stocking is worked from the toe up.
- ch 2
- 10 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Mark first st for beginning of round and move marker up for each round.
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 4 sc* around – 12
- For 5 rounds, sc in each sc – 12 for each round
- sc in next 6 sc, ch 6 – 12
- Skip 6 sc’s, start this round in 7th sc, sc in each sc and in each ch of the ch 6 of the previous round – 12 (Steps 5 and 6 leave an opening for the heel)
- For 7 rounds, sc in each sc – 12 for each round
- sl st, finish off
This is what the stocking looks like before crocheting in the heel.
- Attach heel color at one side of the stocking opening with a sc, sc in each of the next 11 sc of the heel opening – 12
- *sc dec, 1 sc in next 4 sc* twice – 10
- sc dec around – 5
- finish off leaving long tail
- weave long tail in and out of the sc’s around the opening, pull to close the opening, and knot
Join new piece of yarn to a sc at the top of the stocking with a sl st, ch 12, sl st into the next sc of the stocking top, finish off
Weave in all yarn ends.
I hope you enjoy this pattern. If you have any questions you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
You can browse through the other free patterns created by me here!
This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws. It is intended for your personal use only. All other uses are strictly prohibited. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.
This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.
All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun! As of now, I have about 15 free patterns in my archives.