Free Little Stocking Crochet Pattern

November 25th, 2008 · 25 Comments

This pattern is for the stockings.  I will post the pattern for the little stocking bear in a few days, as soon as I get a chance to type it up!  Edited to Add: The Tiny Bear Pattern is now posted!  Click here!

Little Stocking – Pattern Created by Gayle

Size: about 5 inches from toe to top

Materials:

• Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Red, Hunter Green, Lt. Periwinkle and Green
  • Size G Hook
  • Stitch marker (I use a small piece of a contrasting color yarn)

Gauge: Not important

Abbreviations:sc = single crochet, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc dec = single crochet decrease

Notes: Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join.  Do not turn at the end of each round.  This stocking is worked from the toe up.

Stocking

1. ch 2
  2. 10 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Mark first st for beginning of round and move marker up for each round.
  3. *2 sc, 1 sc in next 4 sc* around – 12
  4. For 5 rounds, sc in each sc – 12 for each round
  5. sc in next 6 sc, ch 6 – 12
  6. Skip 6 sc’s, start this round in 7th sc, sc in each sc and in each ch of the ch 6 of the previous round – 12 (Steps 5 and 6 leave an opening for the heel)
  7. For 7 rounds, sc in each sc – 12 for each round
  8. sl st, finish off

This is what the stocking looks like before crocheting in the heel.

Heel

1. Attach heel color at one side of the stocking opening with a sc, sc in each of the next 11 sc of the heel opening – 12
  2. *sc dec, 1 sc in next 4 sc* twice – 10
  3. sc dec around – 5
  4. finish off leaving long tail
  5. weave long tail in and out of the sc’s around the opening, pull to close the opening, and knot

Stocking Hanger

Join new piece of yarn to a sc at the top of the stocking with a sl st, ch 12, sl st into the next sc of the stocking top, finish off

Weave in all yarn ends.

I hope you enjoy this pattern. If you have any questions you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com

You can browse through the other free patterns created by me here!

This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws.  It is intended for your personal use only.  All other uses are strictly prohibited.  This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.

This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.

All Rights Reserved.

© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files

If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com

Don’t miss a pattern!  Subscribe to my RSS feed and follow me on Twitter!

Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun!  As of now, I have about 15 free patterns in my archives.

Tags: Crocheted Stuff · Free Patterns

• 1 cheryl // Nov 30, 2008 at 5:21 am

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. I love it and think it will be great to have a few of these around for Christmas…package decorations or maybe to put on the tree. I can hardly wait for the bear he is adorable! You have a nice website and I enjoyed it very much.

thanks again,
    cheryl

• 2 Gayle // Nov 30, 2008 at 10:22 am

Hi cheryl!

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I’m so glad you like my site and the stocking pattern. I am going to try to type in the bear pattern and upload photos so that I can post it in the next couple of days.

• 3 d @ qdm // Dec 1, 2008 at 10:44 am

love it! I get so jealous when i see the knitted ones but now I can make some of my very own! And what a great stash buster!

• 4 Gayle // Dec 1, 2008 at 10:50 am

Hi d!

Yes! These are a great stash buster!

• 5 Free Crochet Tiny Teddy Bear Pattern // Dec 2, 2008 at 9:46 pm

[…] As I promised, here is the pattern for the Tiny Teddy Bear that is nestled in my Little Stockings! […]

• 6 Stacey // Dec 12, 2008 at 2:53 pm

This is GREAT! I was looking for something fabulous and fast since I don’t have time to make up a pattern and I need it in less than a week. These stocking are exactly what I’ve been searching for! They look like the real thing too unlike the other patterns I’ve seen. GREAT WORK!

• 7 April // Jan 30, 2009 at 11:19 am

Those are so cute. I found your site thru a free pattern of the day page. Now I’m off to browse your blog to see what other great things you have!

April’s last blog post..Is it Monday already?…

• 8 tammy // Jan 30, 2009 at 5:18 pm

I love the little stockings. I am a beginner knitter, but might be able to give those a try. You have a nice web site.
    Tammy

tammy’s last blog post..FREEZING!!!

• 9 jeanette // Feb 8, 2009 at 11:00 am

they are to cute, I’m going to make a bunch to hang on my tree next christmas

• 10 Gayle // Feb 8, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you for leaving such nice comments! I’m so glad you like my pattern!

• 11 Free Fall Crochet Patterns // Sep 30, 2009 at 10:13 am

[…] Little Crochet Stocking […]

• 12 carrie branson // Oct 11, 2009 at 6:48 pm

hello ! I was just looking up some christmas crocheting things and ran across your website and I really have enjoyed looking at some of your stuff and I think it is so beautiful and pretty and thank you for sharing your free patterens with me ! so keep up the wonderful job and may God Bless you in every way.And I would love to see more

• 13 Free Crochet Pine Cone Pattern // Oct 13, 2009 at 10:52 am

[…] Little Stocking […]

• 14 Beth // Oct 19, 2010 at 6:15 pm

I need just a little help with the heel. Does the 12 stitches in the heel go all the way around the circumference of the heel- like crocheting in a circle (if so I made an error).

• 15 Colleen // Dec 7, 2011 at 3:19 am

Hi! I love your little stockings. I’m teaching my nieces to crochet and since it’s almost that time of year I’ve been looking for a little project to sit down with them with. I think these are perfect! Small and simple enough that they can finish them and feel accomplished, and super-cute compared to some other really funky patterns I’ve found.
    Thanks so much!

• 16 My Crochet Patterns // Dec 11, 2011 at 9:01 pm

[…] Crochet Little Stocking Pop Tiny Teddy Bear into this stocking and hang them on your Christmas tree! […]

• 17 Free Crochet Christmas Tree Pattern // Mar 11, 2012 at 8:33 am

[…] Little Stocking […]

• 18 Chris Hill // Nov 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your pattern. I love the simplicity and how adorable they are..

• 19 Peggie // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:27 am

I see I’m a little late, but wanted to say thank you
    for this stocking. It is so well done and beautiful.

• 20 http://tinyurl.com/famiwatte20296 // Feb 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I actually wish to take note of this blog, “Free
    Little Stocking Crochet Pattern” on my own web page. Would you mind in the event that I reallydo?
    Thanks a lot -Leila

• 21 Dee // Aug 27, 2013 at 8:45 am

These are Fab just what I have been looking for!
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Going to make a few of these for preemies UK this year. They will love these for the babies in this years stocking 😀
    Bear in a stocking, in a stocking.

• 22 maria // Sep 8, 2013 at 4:05 am

hoi i am from holland and i like the stocking
    very much bye bye

• 23 Diane // Dec 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Love your pattern. It is the best stocking ornament pattern I have found. Thanks for sharing.

• 24 Ann // Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Really cute! Can’t wait to make them.

• 25 janice schultz // Dec 27, 2016 at 7:39 pm