Guitar Love

November 6th, 2008 · 13 Comments

It’s Love Thursday! I thought I would share my oldest son’s passion with you!

He is fifteen, sixteen in February.  He is passionate about his guitar playing.  He started learning about two years ago and is quite a good guitarist now.  He is self-taught. I love to listen to him play!

He came home from school yesterday and enthusiastically told me about how his English teacher plays guitar and he invited my son and one of my son’s guitar playing buddies to play in front of an audience on Monday night.  Where?  He doesn’t know for sure, some coffee house?  Maybe?  What time?  He doesn’t know.  Any details?  He doesn’t know!  So…I’m hoping to hear some details after school today.  I’m excited for him and if he and his buddy do it, I think it will be great!  I’ll let you know!

Don’t forget to check out more November in black and white!

Tags: Family · High School · Home & Garden · Shutter Sisters

• 1 ELK // Nov 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm

good for him he taught himself ~ does he sing too? what a beautiful image of his guitar…his lack of details sounds like a daughter I have about his same age…live for THE moment!

your post made me smile!

• 2 Gayle // Nov 6, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Hi ELK!

He doesn’t sing, and neither do any of his instrument playing buddies. If they put together a band, they’re going to have to find a singer!

• 3 maya // Nov 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm

these are awesome gayle! when he does play out, you’ll have to take some cool pics of him in action.

• 4 Gayle // Nov 6, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Hi maya!

I thought the same thing! But how to do that while remaining inconspicuous and not totally embarrassing him!

• 5 maya // Nov 6, 2008 at 3:09 pm

hmmmm…tell him you’re not taking pictures of him, per se, but you’re doing it for your photography project – and then make sure at least a couple are in b&w (which is supercool for live music shots anyway).

don’t know if that’ll work, but you can try it. 😉

• 6 Gayle // Nov 6, 2008 at 3:56 pm

Hey maya,

Good idea, it’s just my homework, nothing to do with him!

• 7 Kyla // Nov 6, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Great photos! You must be so proud of him! I always wished I could play the guitar, but I’m afraid my musical talents just go as far as the piano.

• 8 Gayle // Nov 7, 2008 at 7:52 am

Hi Kyla!

I am proud of him! Yipes, don’t put down your ability to play the piano. I think that’s amazing! I have nearly no musical ability!

• 9 lmerie // Nov 9, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I like your photographs. Have you taken a class or naturally talented?

• 10 Gayle // Nov 10, 2008 at 10:10 am

Hi lmerie!

Thank you. I haven’t taken a class. That’s on my list of things I’ll do someday! I’m really learning from people and sites online. And of course, I take so many shots and only a few are decent. Thank goodness for digital!

• 11 Updates! // Dec 9, 2008 at 12:08 pm

[…] oldest son, the guitar player?  Remember the possible performance?  It may happen this Friday night, Dec. 12th!  It is a coffee house performance at our high […]

• 12 Guitar Performance…Finally!!! // Feb 2, 2009 at 11:20 am

[…] you remember back in November when I mentioned that my oldest son might be performing with a buddy of his in front of an audience?  And then I updated the news in December because the performance […]

• 13 dry chem carpet cleaning Victoria BC // Aug 24, 2014 at 2:17 am

If some one needs expert view about blogging then i propose him/her to visit this website, Keep up the fastidious work.

my site: dry chem carpet cleaning Victoria BC