Ghost Costume for Your Crochet Monkey
Size: about 7 inches tall
- Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver in White
- Size G Hook
- Stitch marker (I use a small piece of a contrasting color yarn)
Gauge: I got about 3-1/2 sc per inch. When you make it, just be sure it is working out so it will fit your monkey!
Abbreviations: sc = single crochet, ch = chain, dc =double crochet, hdc = half double crochet, tr = triple crochet, sl st = slip stitch
Notes: Rounds are worked in continuous spirals, do not join. Do not turn at the end of each round.
- ch 2
- 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Mark first st for beginning of round and move marker up for each round.
- Work 2 sc in each sc around – 16
- *2 sc, 1sc* around – 24
- sc in each sc – 24
- 10 sc, 4 sl st, 10 sc – 24
- 10 dc, ch 4, 10 dc – 24
- dc around – 24
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc* around – 32
- For next nine rounds sc around – 32 each round
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 7* around – 36
- *2 sc, 1 sc in next 8* around – 40
- sc in each sc – 40
- *hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, sc* 6 times – 36
- Sl st, finish off
This pattern is my own and is protected by copyright laws. It is intended for your personal use only. All other uses are strictly prohibited. This pattern and items made from it may not be sold or used for monetary gains.
This pattern and all photographs are copyrighted.
All Rights Reserved.
© 2008 to the end of time – Planet M Files
I hope you enjoy this pattern. If you would like the pattern for the monkey’s Halloween bag, you can find it at: http://planetmfiles.com/2008/10/30/tiny-crochet-halloween-bag-fill-it-with-love/
If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments or email me: gayle at planetmfiles dot com
Visit my free pattern archives for more crocheting fun! I am beginning the process of converting all of my patterns to PDF files and will add the PDF links to each pattern post as they are created.