My Pup

August 29th, 2012 · 6 Comments

Here’s my pup, Timmy! I know you haven’t seen him in a while. I can’t believe he’s 6-1/2 years old already! I can’t believe I have a son who is a  sophomore in college, a daughter who is a junior in high school and a son who is a sophomore in high school!  Where does the time go?!!!!

Timmy has been an unhappy dog at bedtime for the past two weeks.  I can’t figure out what is going on with him.  We have always crated him at night.  He is right next to my side of the bed and he has always settled right down and slept happily all night.  Beginning two weeks ago he started whining and panting and seeming very upset in the crate.  He will sleep for a little while and then be upset for a little while and then sleep again.  I let him out to do his business, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem.  He wants to sleep with my husband and I!  I’m fine with it, but hubby says, “No!”

What am I going to do with this pooch?!

Tags: Pets

• 1 Tracy // Aug 31, 2012 at 7:18 am

Hi, Gayle! Great to see you here, and sweet Timmy too! Hope he’s OK… he’s such a beautiful boy. :o) ((HUGS))

• 2 Jane Widen // Sep 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I’m so grateful for the instruction for the guinea pig(s) as I’m crocheting “animals” and have finished a penguin working on an elephant and would like your permission to make and give away the “pigs”. I donate each year something I have c rocheted to our local hospital for their BIG DO on first Sat. in December for their silent auction tables. (purses, shawls, wraps, etc.) I plan on donating a group of animals for the parents and grandparents to bid on…all $$ goes to our hospital causes (I”m a volunteer). Let me know if this is okay with you. Love your web site…..Jane Widen

• 3 Margaret // Sep 5, 2012 at 3:12 am

I have a suggestion to your problem with Timmy. We have a barker and was at witts end. We saw a wrap or jacket for dogs that you put on them and it wraps around them nice and snug and it’s meant to give them security, help with barkers and help with nervous dogs. It cost about $40.00. It has been well worth it so far as she has stop 75% of her barking in less than a week already. We got it at Pet Supplies Plus. I would give it a thought as a solution to your problem. We penned our dogs for their first year and then after that we didnt anymore. We got them doggie beds to sleep on. Good Luck!

• 4 Gayle // Sep 5, 2012 at 9:37 am

@Tracy – Hugs to you, too!

@Jane – Thanks! I’ll email you!

@Margaret – I’ve heard about these and I think I will give it a try! We had a thunderstorm last night and poor Timmy was so scared. Thanks for the info!

Gayle

• 5 Lailani // Sep 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Hi ya Gayle!!

Ahhh Timmy

Good to see you both! And great projects too!

• 6 milllie // Aug 5, 2013 at 5:38 pm

hello,
    being the tommy is 6 1/2 years old check to see if he has a loose tooth. now is the time between 6 and 8 years when they start loosing some teeth. and if it wiggles on them during the night it hurts and bothers them in their sleep.
    has any one in the home went away causing a loss of family for him. changed his eating habbits? just some ideas. the jacket for nervous dogs works especially during rain storms.
    love your crocheting. i have been at it for allmost 45 years now and don’t see any end in sight.
    good luck. millie