Graduation

July 1st, 2011 · 8 Comments

Both of my boys graduated last week!  My oldest son from high school, my youngest son from middle school.  In September my boys will be starting on new adventures in life.  I think they are very well prepared.

Austin will head off to college in August.  He will be attending his top choice school, 6 hours away, with an eye towards majoring in Biochemistry.  I will miss him so much.  This past year has been a difficult one for our family.  We have all changed.  I wish that we hadn’t had to go through this, but I know that my sons will be better men for it.  They have matured in this year and we have all come closer together.  Austin’s caring and loving heart has helped me through some difficult moments.  His caring and loving heart has helped his sister through difficult times.  I will have tears when I leave him at college, but I will also have a heart filled with joy for the man that he is.

Brian will begin his high school years.  He is ready.  He has always excelled at school work and I’m sure he will continue.  He had a crash course in maturing this past year.  I hope that all that we’ve lived through this past year hasn’t been too much.  I hope that he can still have a light heart.  My wish for him is that he find his passion during the next four years.  I hope that he will take advantage of the clubs and groups that are available in high school.  I hope that he lets his heart guide him.

Happy Graduation to both of my boys!  You are both men that I am very proud of!

Tags: Family · High School · Middle School

• 1 lailani // Jul 1, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Congratulations on the milestones reached and the new adventures to begin :)

• 2 stephanie harsh // Jul 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Of course they’re growing up to be wonderful men; they have a wonderful mom. Congrats to them both!

• 3 Tracy // Jul 2, 2011 at 8:50 am

BIG CONGRATS to both your boys… and ((BIG HUGS)) to you, proud mom! :o)

• 4 elk // Jul 3, 2011 at 7:15 pm

oh Gayle I so understand your feelings as the first one leaves to go to college ..my daughter went to a school six hours away too… it was really hard on me! You have a great attitude about what this past year has done for your family, i will be thinking of you as you make yet another transition~ big hugs

• 5 Elizabeth // Jul 6, 2011 at 12:00 am

Big congratulations to both your sons! (And a big hug to you as well.)

• 6 Kelly @ JAX does design // Jul 6, 2011 at 11:27 am

Gail, this is such a lovely post. It’s obvious that you have a very close and loving family, and that your kids mean the world to you. I’m sure both your boys will do great at their new schools next year :-) And I hope your daughter is doing well.

• 7 Katie in MA // Jul 11, 2011 at 5:08 pm

They are great men because they have a great mom! (And a great dad, too, of course!)

Be proud of them – and keep telling them, like I know you do. :)

• 8 spread your wings // Jul 19, 2011 at 5:08 pm

so many transitions this year, but your family is strong and filled with love for each other and that is what’s important. Congratulations to your boys and to you. I know you are proud of them.