Pluto, Luna and Nur

April 20th, 2011 · 12 Comments

Back in November I told you about my daughter’s two rats, Pluto (the dark gray rat) and Luna (the white and tan rat).  Soon afterward my youngest son got his own rat.  She is gray and white and she fit right in with the others!  Her name is Nur.  I’ve kind of gotten used to the way they smell now.  It’s amazing that they each have their own little personalities.  Luna is a momma’s girl (my daughter being momma) and very cautious.  She also seems to be the guard of the cage.  Pluto is very adventurous and athletic.  Nur thinks she is athletic, but she is actually kind of klutzy!  Except for their aroma, they are great pets!  They are clean (they’re always cleaning themselves), they are quiet and they are social.  And who could resist their cute little faces?!

Tags: Pets

• 1 Anyes - Far Away In The Sunshine // Apr 21, 2011 at 2:33 am

I don’t know that I’d like them in my house, but I have to agree they do look too cute :-)

• 2 Elizabeth // Apr 21, 2011 at 3:14 pm

They’re so cute! I like to show Atlas the rats at the pet store. He never seems very interested in them.

• 3 Julia // Apr 22, 2011 at 5:19 am

Eek! They’re so sweet! I’d love rats, not sure about the smell though. I’d probably get used to it- my guinea pigs don’t smell much, but I’ve got use to their smell!

• 4 Shannon // Apr 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

It’s true, they are great pets. We still have our rats, Smokey & the Bandit. I have gotten to where I clean out their cage once a week, because yes, they are smelly little things. :) But so cute and well behaved!

• 5 Alexandra // Apr 22, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Oh! I was looking around the internet for amigurumi patterns and I came across your blog! I love rats! They are the best pets! Your daughter’s rats are adorable. As for the aroma .. it can be helped! You can buy something to put in their water so their urine doesn’t smell so bad .. it actually worked for my rats!

• 6 Tracy // Apr 23, 2011 at 4:41 am

Look at those little CUTIES! And love their names too. We couldn’t have rats in the house, sadly, our Charlie would go after them. ;o) LOL! Happy Easter weekend to all of you there, Gayle ((HUGS))

• 7 Kelly @ JAX does design // Apr 24, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I love that picture! Love their names too :-) Who knew rats could be so cute :-)

It’s so cool that they all have different personalities. Rats are people too!

Hope you’re enjoying your Easter weekend :-)

• 8 Katie in MA // Apr 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm

So glad to see you guys are enjoying some of the delights of day-to-day life! Who couldn’t be cheered up by those lil guys?

• 9 stephanie harsh // May 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Who can resist, indeed! They are so cute!

• 10 Kim andersen // May 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm

They are so cute! They could be friends of Beatrix Potter! Kids need sweet pets to love on and tell their troubles to sometimes :) …. Maybe even mom does too :)

• 11 spread your wings // May 8, 2011 at 6:39 pm

i’ve heard they’re good pets and they certainly are cute.

• 12 maya // May 9, 2011 at 10:19 am

i love those cute little faces. my hubby wouldn’t hear of it.

oh well. we have cats anyway. 😉