Hey

December 28th, 2010 · 23 Comments

I’m still here.  I know I’ve been saying that a lot lately.  My daughter was in the hospital from last Wednesday (before Christmas) until yesterday afternoon.  She is doing better now and we are so thankful.  We celebrated Christmas yesterday afternoon with presents and tonight we’re having our Christmas dinner.  These times of difficulty have reminded our family of the true meaning of this season.  It’s always love.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wish all of you the best of Health and a New Year filled with Love!

Tags: Family

• 1 elk // Dec 28, 2010 at 8:45 pm

gayle I am so sorry she was in the hospital..please know that you and your family are in my thoughts..heres to a fresh new year and a very happy holiday

• 2 Kim andersen // Dec 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I’m sorry to hear about that …. But I’m glad she’s back home with you now …. Wishing you and your family a hopeful and joy filled new year!

• 3 Anyes // Dec 29, 2010 at 3:06 am

Oh Gayle, I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending healing thoughts and prayers for your daughter and for you and your family.

• 4 Tracy // Dec 29, 2010 at 6:41 am

Oh, Gayle…so sorry to hear what’s happened. Do hope all is OK with your daughter. And that there was some time for some festivity there. Just happy she’s home again now… Thinking of you all… ;o) We’re just emerging from a string of festive days here too–it’s been wonderful. Catch up with you more after the New Year! May 2011 bring you all much PEACE, LOVE & JOY!! ((HUGS))

• 5 Elizabeth // Dec 30, 2010 at 12:36 am

I’m sorry to hear the news – but glad that she is doing better and home again. Sending lots of wishes for healing and rest.

I love your photo. It looks like colorful balls of light falling with the snow.

• 6 Michaelle // Dec 30, 2010 at 10:36 am

Hi Gayle! So sorry to hear that your daughter has been sick. I hope she is better now!

• 7 Kate // Dec 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. I hope you both take the time to care for one another. We will be here when you return, take care of yourself and your daughter…and don’t worry about your site.

• 8 sunnymama // Dec 31, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Oh I’m so pleased that your daughter is much better and hope that you all enjoyed your delayed christmas dinner. I just called by to wish you a very happy new year and say sorry I haven’t been about much over the last few months but I’m hoping to have much more time for blog reading in 2011 so will be back soon to catch up here. Much love to you and your family and you will be in my thoughts. :)

• 9 Mrs. E // Jan 1, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Obviously, I have been missing from your blog for way too long. Hugs to the daughter. So glad she is home. And you are so right about the real meaning of the season. I always loved this quote and it sums up the Christmas Story and you as a mother, too: “The first gift of Christmas is a parent’s love.”

Have a wonderful 2011!

• 10 Kelly @ JAX does design // Jan 2, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Awww, what a lousy thing to happen, especially at this time of the year. I hope your daughter is feeling better and that your family enjoyed your belated Christmas. Wishing you all have happy & healthy 2011!

• 11 Se'lah // Jan 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Prayers send up and positive vibes sent your way, always
    Happy New Year, my friend. Wishing you peace, love, joy and calm for 2011.

one love.

• 12 Katie in MA // Jan 3, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Oh dear. Hope all is well or quickly on its way to being well. Thinking of you and your daughter and sending lots of hugs!

• 13 Bethany Dirksen // Jan 5, 2011 at 11:08 am

Wow…I hope things are going well since it has been a few days since you last posted. Glad you are feeling closer to family than ever!

I just stumbled across your blog for the first time and thought I would say hello! I looked through a few of your posts and love your style.

I’m a blogger and artist as well. I love to hear what people are saying about art and design in general! Hope we get to see more of each other in the future.

Bethany

• 14 Kate // Jan 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Thinking of you. Hope all is well. I love this picture, by the way.

• 15 spread your wings // Jan 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm

sorry i’ve been away so long and did not know this news. I hope your daughter is on the mend. Yes indeed love is the reason for the season. I hope the New Year will be filled with love, happiness and good health all the year through.

• 16 Shannon // Jan 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Oh dear Gayle. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope she is 100% now. Will be keeping her and your whole family in my prayers.

• 17 Diane // Jan 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm

oh my gosh, I came by to wish you a Happy New Year and am so sorry to read about your daughter. I hope she is much better now.

• 18 lailani // Jan 10, 2011 at 8:37 am

:( That changed the holdiay for y’all I am sure. Hope all is well now, or at least moving quickly to a full recovery. It is a New Year!! I hope it brings you and your many blessings, an easing of the hurdles from 2010!

• 19 Carmi // Jan 10, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I hope the year has dawned with nothing but health and peace for your daughter – and for you and your entire family, too, of course!

My mother-in-law was in hospital over the holidays, as well, and we appreciate all too well the fragility of life. Whatever time we have is a gift, and I’m heartened to see how strongly you’ve internalized this one truth.

Only goodness in the year to come.

• 20 stephanie harsh // Jan 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Gayle, I miss you. I’ve been, ahem, preoccupied and now I finally come back to sad news. I hope your daughter is doing better. I hope you and your family are having a great start to the new year. I hope you come back soon. Take care, friend…

• 21 Vickie // Jan 14, 2011 at 12:04 am

Hi Gail!

I think of you often and sat in stillness and held your daughter high in consciousness..for awhile. Oh, I see peace, beauty, confidence, joy, faith and beautiful love in her life and your family!

Peace and Blessings!

• 22 Vickie // Jan 14, 2011 at 12:07 am

P.S. Can you email me, please? I can’t find your email.

• 23 A Little Crocheting // Jan 14, 2011 at 11:26 am