Last of Summer Flowers

October 18th, 2010 · 12 Comments

Things have been tough here lately.  It seems most things make me want to cry.  Even this look at the last of the summer flowers, which I thought would bring me a smile, bring the wishes that things were as happy and easy now as they were during the summer.  How do you handle seeing your child unhappy, knowing that you’re doing your best (praying that you’re doing the right thing) to make it better, but it’s not getting better?  How can I expect her to think positive thoughts when it’s so hard for me to?  I know these are huge questions, and I really don’t expect an answer.

Tags: Family · Home & Garden

• 1 Puna // Oct 18, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Gayle, you have really been on my mind. I am going to add you to my prayer list. There’s just something about your kids’ well-being that hits home to me. It seems that I can handle anything else but that. If only we can take away their pain! Perhaps a change of environment will help or perhaps I’m grasping at straws. In any case, it God’s strength that I wish for you now.

• 2 Shalet // Oct 18, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Oh I am so sorry things are challenging for you right now. I don’t know that I can make things better but I am sending HUGE virtual hugs your way for both you and your daughter. There are good things and good people in this world — remember that always.

XOXO

• 3 elk // Oct 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm

i am so sorry.. I do so know what you mean in feeling your child’s pain..it is so difficult..
    email if you want to try and hash it out..
    thinking of you friend

• 4 spread your wings // Oct 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm

oh no i hate to hear that your daughter is still having a hard time – and in turn that is breaking your heart.
    i will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

• 5 Kelly @ JAX does design // Oct 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Awww, I’m sorry to hear that things haven’t improved at school for your daughter :-( Both of you keep hanging in there, things WILL get better.

Maybe a visit to my new blog will cheer you up :-) It’s bright & colourful, and I think it just might make you smile :-) I have a Furry Friends page that would be the perfect spot to share some pics of Timmy & Polly… :-)

Kelly

• 6 Mrs. E // Oct 18, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I have obviously been absentee for too long. I have no idea what is going on–but I am praying for you and your daughter. I remember my heart breaking when their hearts were breaking… one of the toughest things about being a parent. Romans 5:3-5 (Living Bible translation) helped me and her keep things in perspective.

• 7 lailani // Oct 18, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Such a challenging time. A friend shared with me just yesterday what a spot her son is in. How so much is happening and how hard it is for them to not fix things (fixing may not be appropriate for their situation). I thought it interesting when she said she talked to him about the possibility that God was growing his character, trying to show him and teach him something. I don’t know your situation, and they may be no where near similar, but I pray for an ahhaw moment and a break from the hurting and stress.

Hang in there!!

• 8 Tracy // Oct 19, 2010 at 9:56 am

Have been thinking of you, Gayle, and wondering how things were going… I am heartily sorry that things are still so difficult just now. Would individual and family therapy help, you think? It must feel hard to be supportive all the time, when you could use some support yourself. Meditation can help–compassionate thoughts for your daughter, for yourself, for your family. Trust that in time healing will help. Prayer to you all… ((HUGS))

• 9 Kate // Oct 19, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I think that’s what’s being a parent is all about. Doing the best you know how to do and praying that it works. I’m sure everything will work out fine…wait it out!

• 10 Se'lah // Oct 20, 2010 at 8:44 am

you continue doing your best and take a moment to breathe in between. believe me, morning always follows the dark.

love ya.

• 11 Katie in MA // Oct 21, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Have you talked to your daughter about your own struggles to stay positive? It might help her immensely to know that even you have your moments, but you keep pressing forward through it all. Just knowing you’re in it together might lift some of the pressure she’s feeling. Hugs to you both!!!

• 12 Anyes // Oct 23, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Teenagers are going through a lot and sometimes it’s hard on all sides to stay positive. Sending hugs and prayers both your ways