Nearing Summer’s End

August 24th, 2010 · 6 Comments

You can click on any photo to see it larger.

We’ve been busy buying the necessary school supplies, backpacks, lunchboxes and clothes.

We’ve been checking out new schools, classrooms, lockers.

Getting in the “before school starts” dentist appointments.

Getting a 9th grade schedule fixed so my girl doesn’t have two different English classes every day.

We’ll be going on our mini two night vacation this weekend.

We’ll visit a college while we’re there.  My high school senior’s first college visit!  I think it will be crazy.  It’s the weekend that the students arrive.

And, we’ve been roasting marshmallows in our pool ruins.  Because this is where memories are made.

Tags: Family · High School · Middle School

• 1 Kate // Aug 25, 2010 at 12:20 am

I love how you wrote this and put the pictures in.

• 2 Tracy // Aug 25, 2010 at 5:09 am

Savor the sweet memories in those marshmallows, Gayle… Wishing you all a GREAT new school year! :o) ((HUGS))

• 3 spread your wings // Aug 25, 2010 at 11:46 am

busy times for sure but glad you can slow down enough to get in the marshmallow roasts – because, yes, that is where memories are made. hope your children have a good school year.

• 4 DesignTies // Aug 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

I think toasting marshmallows is the perfect use for pool ruins :-)

Have a great mini-vacation, and hope everyone adjusts to the back-to-school days without too much trauma!!

Kelly

• 5 elk // Aug 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm

love love love this ..took my baby to college today ..memories made indeed..thinking of you friend~

• 6 Suburban Graffiti // Sep 20, 2010 at 9:49 am

[…] thing our pool ruins are good for!  Created with charred sticks from our latest marshmallow […]