Smore Krispies and A Corpse Flower

July 14th, 2010 · 7 Comments

D at Quick and Dirty Meals posted this recipe for ‘Smore Krispies last week.  It sounded great, so my youngest son and I gave it a try.  I am not really a fan of Rice Krispie Treats, but I loved D’s ‘Smore Krispies!  My kids thought they were great, too!  They are really quick and easy to make and the measuring and prep work is easy and very kid-friendly for children way younger than mine.  Just make sure an adult does the marshmallow melting.  Yummy!

I found out through Karen’s blog that the Houston Museum of Natural Science has a Corpse flower named Lois that is about to flower!  You can go and check out the museum’s live feed of Lois, follow Lois herself on twitter and keep up on the developments on the museum’s blog!  The twitter feed is pretty funny!

Happy Wednesday!

Tags: Cooking · Home & Garden

• 1 d @ qdm // Jul 14, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Wow! I feel so proud. I’m so glad that you made and enjoyed these!

Also-I’m not well educated in Botony but as I’m ever curious I had to look up what a Corpse Flower actually was….They have a great definition here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_arum

• 2 Gayle // Jul 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Hi d!
    They were great! Wow, that’s a cool picture they have of the flower open on that site! Thanks for the link.

• 3 mrs. e // Jul 15, 2010 at 7:57 am

YUM!! S’more anything is hard to beat! I’m headed off to read about Corpse Flowers…??!!

• 4 lailani // Jul 15, 2010 at 9:04 pm

lol! a flower twitter…but I can’t resist the urge to go check out the live feed!

• 5 lailani // Jul 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Hey, wasn’t that the flower in the Dennis The Menace movie? I do believe it might be…

• 6 elizabeth // Jul 16, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I love rice krispies. The market sells giant ones and every so often I’ll buy one and sink into childhood.

These look delicious.

• 7 86Hilario // Aug 25, 2017 at 10:23 pm

I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional cash every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra $$$, search for: best adsense alternative Wrastain’s tools