Sweet Randomness

July 1st, 2010 · 12 Comments

Have you seen that my blogging buddy, Se’Lah of Necessary Room, is hosting a random act of kindness day on Tuesday, July 6, 2010?  It is the beautiful way that Se’Lah is celebrating the Dalai Lama’s 75th birthday.  So many have joined in already! Se’Lah is one of those very special people that have a way of bringing strangers together for a greater good. I just love that about her!

The Pioneer Woman chose this photo of mine to be a contestant  in her latest photography assignment, America!  What an exciting thing to wake up to today!

Speaking of photos on Flickr, have you seen how the images are larger there now?!  And if you click on an image and then get a little magnifying glass, and click again, you see the image even larger, and on a black background?  Love it! You can try it on my photo above, which I linked to Flickr.  Click on it here, then click it again in Flickr.  Cool!

I’m working on creating a crochet cricket thanks to the idea which was given to me by my blogging buddy, Katie from Can’t Get There From Here!  Thanks for the idea, Katie!

I’m still working on the knit Long Beach washcloth that I showed you here.  I think I am the slowest knitter ever!

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends!

Happy Thursday to all!

Tags: Blogging · Crocheted Stuff · Photography

• 1 Se'lah // Jul 1, 2010 at 10:38 am

Congrats Gayle!!! I hope you win! I am sooo proud of you. You’ve been excelling in your photography skills…go Gayle!

Thanks for the blog love. Happy day.

• 2 DesignTies // Jul 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

The Random Act of Kindness Day is a great idea :-) And love your photo of the wagon :-)

Kelly

• 3 Liz // Jul 1, 2010 at 11:03 am

Good luck to you, hope you win! :)

• 4 Katie in MA // Jul 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm

What a fab day you are having!! Thanks for passing along all of the smiles…I know I smiled when I heard how much you liked my cricket!

• 5 red or gray // Jul 1, 2010 at 3:34 pm

gayle ..i am not surprised that is one very special image..go black and whitE!!!

• 6 spread your wings // Jul 1, 2010 at 3:56 pm

i do love this image.

• 7 Tracy // Jul 2, 2010 at 6:53 am

Congrats on the photo feature, Gayle… Your image has such a dreamy, nostalgic quality…*swoon*… I’ve signed up for Se’Lahs’ RAOK day… can’t wait! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

• 8 patty // Jul 3, 2010 at 1:00 am

congrats, gayle! it totally is a bit of nostalgia! :)

• 9 Relyn // Jul 3, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I was just dropping in to wish you and yours the happiest Independence Day. May your day be full! May you enjoy laughter shared with family, great food shared with friends, fireworks to make you gasp, a lump in your throat at the anthem, and a full and grateful heart at all we have been given. Happy Fourth of July, my friend!

• 10 elizabeth // Jul 4, 2010 at 8:27 pm

That is so cool – congrats! I love the nostalgic photo.

• 11 Puna // Jul 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Congratulations Gayle! What a wonderful thing! I was out of town last week and whizzed by the photos so fast that I didn’t see it was yours or I would have definitely written in! You are really good on that shutter!

• 12 d @qdm // Jul 6, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Oh! I was looking at that pioneer site recently-I found it while looking for recipes and things-just completely random. Anyway-I went over to her photography blog and right there in front of my was your photograph! I got all silly and excited. I felt like…oh I don’t know…like it was a brush with celebrity.

I really like your photograph by the way. Very nostalgic and serene.