Summer!

June 21st, 2010 · 7 Comments

My 17 year old son signed up for Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  Before that he had no interest in it.  Then, a couple of weeks ago a girl he knows at school told him he had to get on Facebook.  Now he’s on it all the time.  Thanks a lot, girl that I’ve never met.  And, yes, it does bother me just a bit that some other female, not my boy’s mommy, told him he had to do something.  Sigh.  I guess I’m lucky he’s not dating, yet.  He is finished with 11th grade!  His last test was last Friday.  Now he’s got piles of summer homework.  Because our school year begins later than in other parts of the country (after Labor Day) the kids that are going into AP classes need to start their work during summer vacation in order to be ready for the AP exams in May.  Better him than me!

My 12 year old son does have Lyme Disease.  I’m glad we caught it early and he is on antibiotics.  He has finals at school this morning and tomorrow morning.  Then, summer fun! (Oh, and summer homework because he is going to be in two accelerated classes next year.  Work, Work, Work!)

My 14 year old daughter is taking a Spanish final today and rehearsing for her 8th grade graduation, which is on Wednesday!  Then, summer fun!  Reading is the only summer work for her. Her two assigned books for summer reading are A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and Fahrenheit 451.

How is your Monday going?

Tags: Family

• 1 Austin // Jun 21, 2010 at 8:34 pm

wow, that stinks, school in south florida ended about 2 and a half weeks ago, now i am in summer school for this prestigious art school(new world school of the arts, not sure if anyone has ever heard of it) and it is fun, vocalizing with the very best, it si amazing, but we have to take a p.e. class, and i, since i have been in the magnet programs in middle school, havent taken p.e. since 5th grade so it is hard

• 2 elizabeth // Jun 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I’m glad you caught it early!

What is this summer homework thing?! Well, if reading can be called homework. 😉

• 3 lailani // Jun 22, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Ohhh, I hate that he does have it, but very glad you caught it early.

Seems so strange to think of school JUST finishing when we have been out since May 21st. School is suppose to start back August 3rd (I think), but school cuts might push it a little further into August. The kids will like that!

• 4 Katie in MA // Jun 22, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Fun, fun, fun! Maybe with all of that work, your kids will stay out of trouble this summer. Not that you have worry about your kids – you and the husband have done a great job!

• 5 spread your wings // Jun 22, 2010 at 9:48 pm

i can’t imagine your children just now finishing up exams and such and also having so much summer school work to do. T has been out since May 9th.
    sure glad you caught the lyme disease early. poor thing.
    FB – i guess it’s inevitable. you’re lucky he just now joined.

• 6 patty // Jun 26, 2010 at 8:02 am

summer’s kinda not like it used to be… 😮
    i hope your youngest gets well soon and that they are all able to enjoy the joys of summer, too!

• 7 Angela // Jun 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm

FB – be lucky your son didn’t have a desire to get on there any sooner! Sometimes I wonder how we ever made it before cell phones, internet, FB, and computers in general. Although nice, it would be nice to back in that time, too!