Crochet and Knit Washcloths!

June 18th, 2010 · 7 Comments

I’m currently hooked on making washcloths! (Pun intended!)  I’m not using these as washcloths.  I’m using them as a table decoration for a tiny table that I have in my kitchen.  I can change them with my color mood and place a little candle or napkin holder on them.  They really brighten up the small space!

This is the Sylvan Star Pattern from Lion Brand.  For this one, I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Crochet Cotton in the color American.

For the next, I used the Ocean Grove Round pattern from Lion Brand.  I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Crochet Cotton in the color Hot Green.  I only had partial ball of yarn when I made this one, so I made it smaller than the pattern calls for.

This next one I created myself.  It is just a simple basket weave stitch, but I really love it!  I think this one would feel really nice if it was used as a washcloth!  I used the first half of the ball of Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Crochet Cotton in Hot Green on this.

Here’s a closeup of the stitches.

And lastly, a knit washcloth!  I have done a little bit of knitting, but find crochet faster and easier.  But, I really love the look of knit, too!  So I decided to give it this pattern a try and I love it!  The pattern is Long Beach washcloth from Lion Brand.  Again, I’m using Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Crochet Cotton on this.  I’m not sure what the color is.  I don’t have the yarn band anymore.  It might be Faded Denim.

I hope you have some time this weekend to do your favorite things!

Tags: Crocheted Stuff · Favorite Things

• 1 Katie in MA // Jun 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm

You make it all look so easy! And so pretty!

• 2 Kimmie // Jun 18, 2010 at 1:49 pm

you DO make it look so easy!!!
    I love the cobbled stitch on the knit one …. washcloths are a great idea for quick and colorful proects

• 3 Se'lah // Jun 18, 2010 at 8:26 pm

need I send my addy for the green basketweave square one? fantastic, my friend!

one love.
    enjoy your weekend.

• 4 Shalet // Jun 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I soooo totally need to make another batch of washcloths (mine has faded nearly beyond recognition). Though, not knowing how to crochet, mine will be knitted.

These are great!

• 5 Austin // Jun 20, 2010 at 3:24 pm

wow, lion brand was really showcasing their wash clothes patterns for a while, so it is good that someone is actually using them(i dont really see the point, i guess i just use paper plates more often) but it is a good use of cotton, i much prefer acrylics, but it has its uses

• 6 Tracy // Jun 21, 2010 at 8:34 am

Sooo many pretty clothes, Gayle–love then all, and especially that blue/white at the bottom. I love the Lion Brand site and yarns–one of my fave sites for freebie patterns to try. I was knitting a bit at the weekend–very soothing for difficult days just now. :o) ((HUGS))

• 7 patty // Jun 26, 2010 at 8:03 am

love that lime green! i’m thinkng of picking up my crochet hook soon… hmmm…. :)