Radio Flyer and Random

June 16th, 2010 · 9 Comments

(You can click the photo to see it bigger.)

The randomness of this week:

My 17 year old son is finished with 11th grade, except for state tests of which his last is Friday morning.

My 14 year old daughter finishes 8th grade tomorrow, except for her foreign language test on Monday, and graduation rehearsal on Monday.  Then, graduation next Wednesday!!!  She will then officially be a high school freshman!

My 12 year old son finishes 7th grade next Tuesday.  He might have Lyme Disease.  I’m bringing him to the doctor after school today.  I can’t stand tics.  :(

I had to fend off two hawks yesterday morning.  This is ridiculous!  I let Timmy outside and a couple of seconds later heard the screech of a hawk.  I ran out (in a towel because I had just gotten out of the shower!) and two hawks flew over.  One was making a circle, so I waved my arms and yelled at it to go away!  It did.  Thank goodness my backyard is private!  I hope Google Earth’s satellite wasn’t taking a photo at that moment!

I’m subscribed to my own blog by email and I just realized I don’t receive my posts!  I wonder if I somehow marked myself as spam.  Sigh.

We bought my husband the game Molkky for Father’s Day!  It looks like a cool family game.  Hope he likes it!

I’m knitting something!  I have trouble with knitting, but I’m really liking the simple pattern.  It’s the Long Beach Washcloth by Lion Brand.  (I didn’t make this a link because I think you have to be registered and logged on to Lion Brand to view it.)  I’ll try to take some time this week to take photos of what I’ve been making to show you!

Tags: Family · High School · Middle School · Pets · Wild Critters

• 1 Kimmie // Jun 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I hope your son DOESN’T have Lyme disease! and if he does – I hope your doctor has a clue about it. From what I hear, it’s not an easy thing to deal with …. argh! Anyhow – it sounds like a busy time for you! Me too!

• 2 Katie in MA // Jun 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I am CRACKING UP at the image of you running outside in your towel to defend Timmy. Glad he is okay, though! You have to get a shot of these mercenary hawks to show us…just don’t sacrifice the poor pooch to get them! :)

• 3 The Vamp Tramp // Jun 16, 2010 at 4:05 pm

It’s not just Father’s Day… it’s also Edward’s and my husband’s birthday. 😉

• 4 mrs. e // Jun 16, 2010 at 8:55 pm

I love that photo!! Who am I kidding? I LOVE Radio Flyer wagons!! Congrats to all your kids, and I am praying you don’t have Lyme disease amongst you!

• 5 vchelle // Jun 17, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Through all of you business and chasinig the crows away, take a deep breath and I know that I smiling and sending you peace! It’s a happy time! Life is good, Isn’t it!

Glad you are doing well!

• 6 lailani // Jun 17, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Great photo!

Fun post, well except for the thought of hawks and timmie and lyme disease … may your burdens be lifted and all well

• 7 elk // Jun 20, 2010 at 7:00 pm

big big milestones here…congratulations to you gayle for orchestrating it all as mom!! keep those hawks away from our timmy

• 8 patty // Jun 26, 2010 at 8:05 am

glad timmy was rescued (!!), and congratulations to your daughter. big step for her! i’m more of a knitter than crochet-er, but i’ve been thinking of some cute flowers in crochet i saw…

• 9 patty // Jun 26, 2010 at 8:05 am

PS: forgot to tell you i love that shot of the wagon!