Flower Surprises

June 11th, 2010 · 12 Comments

These foxglove plants were a happy surprise!  Last year my husband bought a seed mix at Home Depot to toss into this little area.  It is on the side of our garage and right next to where I park my car.  On a side note, I don’t get to park my car in the garage because it’s full of my husband’s stuff! Do you park in a garage?  Is it wonderful?  I mostly only mind that I don’t get the garage when there’s ice and/or snow on my car.

Back to the foxglove.  They are biennials so they are making their flowery appearance this year.  What a surprise!  They had all been standing up like in the photo below until a rain storm.

I hope you have some wonderful, beautiful surprises this weekend!

Tags: Home & Garden

• 1 elk // Jun 11, 2010 at 12:16 pm

oh your yard looks so green gayle..what a wonderful surprise..love the close up. have a happy weekend

• 2 Katie in MA // Jun 11, 2010 at 5:47 pm

So pretty! I love the delicate designs hidden on the inside of the flowers…

• 3 Puna // Jun 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm

They are beautiful Gayle! I’m going to try next year…

• 4 The Vamp Tramp // Jun 11, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I love those! They’re so pretty and cheerful. I hope your weekend is full of the same. :)

• 5 elizabeth // Jun 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I chuckled at your garage question. (I don’t park in one myself. In bad weather, it seems like it would be wonderful. In good weather, I think the act of opening/closing the garage door would feel like a bother.)

Love the purple flowers – a very cheerful sight to come home to.

• 6 mrs. e // Jun 13, 2010 at 10:05 am

Oh, I love those! I think I need to plant now!

• 7 kath // Jun 13, 2010 at 10:23 am

Grogeous! Yes, I park in the garage. Always have. Our garage is neat (enough) and organized. My sister has NEVER parked in her garage … we’re different like that.

• 8 Relyn // Jun 13, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I think your foxgloves are wonderful. A perfect, amazing gift from a loving, thoughtful husband. And, no – I don’t park in the garage. Same reason, but I don’t mind. It’s just a pain anyway since hte garage is so small.

• 9 Tracy // Jun 14, 2010 at 7:28 am

Oh, so LOVELY! There is just something so enchanting about foxglove… guess it’s all bound up in my love of the UK and reading English lit all my life. So glad you have these beauties! Pity about the garage…LOL! I had to laugh as that is similar to here. Our garage has too much “stuff” in it for parking right now. Must fix before winter comes again! Happy Week, Gayle :o) ((HUGS))

• 10 Ashley // Jun 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I love love love fun surprises! They are they best. I found some flowers in a pot on my balcony that I was not expecting and it made me so happy! Hope you are doing well!

• 11 spread your wings // Jun 15, 2010 at 10:03 pm

oh these are wonderful. i have always wished i had the right sunny spot for such flowers. what a lovely surprise and a bright spot for your days.

• 12 patty // Jun 26, 2010 at 8:08 am

they are beautiful… almost makes up for not parking in the garage! :) my dh pulls into my spot (in the garage) if his door is closed (b/c his opener is broken) and that just annoys the heck out of me, so sorry you don’t have your spot. here’s to loving men who take our spots. just sayin’. ;o