I Think A Hawk Wanted To Eat Timmy

June 9th, 2010 · 11 Comments

Yes, it’s true!  So, here’s what happened.  Timmy was in our yard enjoying the beautiful bright sunshine.  He was lying on his side snoozing.  I was standing about 10 feet away from him trying to absorb some of that sun to get warm.  He looked so cute, so I walked over and bent down to pet him and tell him how cute he is.  As I was petting him suddenly there was the sound of beating wings right above us!  I twisted, still crouched down because it sounded so close, wrenching my neck in the process.  A big hawk was about 5 feet above, beating its wings, flying up and away from us!  Yikes!!!  I heard nothing as it was diving for us.  I’m sure Timmy didn’t either, because when he hears something, anything, he is a barking nut.   Is that weird or what?!  Timmy is small, but I didn’t think he was small enough that a hawk would be a threat to him.  I do not want to think about that hawk getting it’s talons into Timmy if I hadn’t been there.   Also, I should point out that this spring we have not seen one rabbit in our yard and usually we have several.  I think the hawk has been eating rabbit.  From now on my little Toodles will not be out sleeping in the grass unattended!

Next time, Timmy, show that hawk your sharp teeth!

Tags: Pets

• 1 mrs. e // Jun 9, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Actually, that Hawk might think twice about grabbing Timmy if those teeth go to work!

• 2 Kimmie // Jun 9, 2010 at 6:57 pm

yowza!

• 3 christina // Jun 9, 2010 at 9:33 pm

say huh? listen here mr. hawk, lay off timmy or he will have to show you, what’s up.
    bothering my timmy!

waving to you gayle. : )

• 4 DesignTies // Jun 10, 2010 at 10:34 am

Yikes, that’s pretty scary!! Good thing you went over to pat Timmy when you did!!

Sometimes I see hawks circling when I’m swimming in the lake at the cottage. I’ve wondered if they might think my head (and Squirt’s head, because she’s usually in the water with me) would make a good meal. My dad says a hawk would never swoop down on our heads, but now I’m not so sure!!

Keep those sharp teeth ready, Timmy!!

Kelly

• 5 Puna // Jun 10, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Oh Gayle, I was chuckling even though I shouldn’t. I’m glad Timmy is okay. Maybe that hawk was after you, you’re only 4 foot something right?

• 6 lailani // Jun 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm

lol! not about the hawk, but what a fabulous picture you got there! I love that shot!!

Hope your neck feels better and glad the Hawk was not successful~!

• 7 Tracy // Jun 11, 2010 at 10:25 am

Oh my goodness…what an encounter! Glad Timmy is OK. He looks like Wonder Dog in action here… odd to see him in defense mode…usually he’s looking to be in cuddle-cakes mode here. ;o) Happy Weekend to you all… Oh, I’m celebrating my blogiversary this weekend with a little gift giveaway–stop by if you can. ((HUGS))

• 8 elk // Jun 11, 2010 at 12:15 pm

not our sweet timmy…he looks fierce in the photo tho’

• 9 Katie in MA // Jun 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Are you sure you didn’t just bust up their game of tag? Seriously, that could have been scary! I don’t think Timmy looks that much like a rabbit – silly hawk!

• 10 elizabeth // Jun 12, 2010 at 10:22 pm

What?! No! No Timmy for the hawk! Goodness. I’m glad you were out there.

• 11 kath // Jun 13, 2010 at 10:24 am

I am so glad this worked out okay. Tim Hortons has little donuts called Tim Bits and they’re delicious! I’m afraid this is what I thought of when I read this.