Thankful

May 25th, 2010 · 12 Comments

Thank you for your well wishes for my hubby!  We are so lucky that he wasn’t hurt badly yesterday.  He is one tough guy!  The airbag hit his left arm and threw his hand into the windshield.  His hand actually broke the windshield.  Amazingly, his hand wasn’t broken, just a bunch of cuts from the glass.  He was driving his work van and it looks like it’s totaled.  We’ll know for sure tomorrow.  He’ll need to get a replacement quickly, because his livelihood depends on having a reliable truck.  It’s not an expense we’re happy about.  But still.  I am so thankful today.

The guy that hit him was driving a Kia Sportage.  The roads were wet from some light drizzle and he told my husband that his car went out of control.  And, he said it wasn’t the first time it happened.

We had been thinking about looking at a used Sportage for my teen-aged son who is soon to get his drivers license.  Needless to say, that car is off of our list.  I think maybe a tank.

Yes, thankful is our word for today.

Tags: Family

• 1 ELK // May 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm

so sorry to read of the accident ..happy and grateful for good news though Gayle…you and your husband are in my thoughts

• 2 spread your wings // May 25, 2010 at 2:50 pm

oh thank goodness your husband is ok. What a scary thing for both of you. I hope you find the car/truck he needs real soon.

• 3 Stephanie // May 25, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I’m so glad your husband is okay! Car accidents are scary. They’re just so unpredictable. And, yes, I agree… a tank for your son. In fact, tanks for all new drivers. My kid sister just got her permit. It’s scary. I mean, she just doesn’t seem old enough or tall enough to be driving already. Sigh.

Anyway, it’s been nearly a MONTH since I’ve last caught up on my favorite blogs. I’m off to read. 😉

• 4 Katie in MA // May 25, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Thank goodness everyone was okay! Scary, indeed, but I agree – no Sportages for the kiddo. At least that list is narrowed down? :-/

• 5 elizabeth // May 25, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Oh my goodness! I am so glad your husband is ok. What a hard call to receive.

I think a tank sounds like a fine idea. I look at those little Smart cars and love them, but they seem so teeny tiny to be on the roads with people in them.

• 6 Kimmie // May 25, 2010 at 5:57 pm

wow – I’m so glad he will be ok! and yes – cross that Kia off the list too!!!

• 7 DesignTies // May 27, 2010 at 9:47 am

Wow, your hubby is lucky that the impact of the air bag and hitting the windshield didn’t break his hand. And he’s lucky in a lot of other ways too!!

Just to comment on Elizabeth’s comment — we have two smart cars, and I’ve never once not felt safe in either of them. They might be small, but they’re tough and extremely safe. I’d take a smart car over an SUV any day!!

And actually, a smart car wouldn’t be a bad car for your son — it doesn’t have a ton of power, so no peeling off at stop lights or racing. And there’s no back seat, so he can’t drive his friends all around town. And much cheaper on gas and easier to park than a tank 😉

Kelly

• 8 Puna // May 27, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Wow, a Kia against a truck. I’d say it all a blessing no one was critically hurt. I’m sorry about your husband’s hand. I hope you get that truck back in commission soon.

• 9 vchelle // May 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Soooo grateful that your husband is well! Who cares about a frew scratces right? He is here for you to continue to love on him and he on you! I like to think of it has sheer grace than luck that he is fine!!

Miss your blog! I was trying to get around to all the blogs on my favorite list but just now getting to yours…So, I thought, what the heck.. it’s been a month since I posted…so I posted.. FINALLY!

I say yes to a tank for your son!!

I’m so sending you and your family peace and blessings and miss ya a bunch!

• 10 Angela @ Peony Patch // May 28, 2010 at 10:35 am

SO glad your husband is fine! His life is priceless compared to a totalled truck.
    On the Kia note – personally, I wouldn’t recommend it. An older Honda is the way to go!

• 11 patty // May 29, 2010 at 12:01 pm

isn’t that ironic… do you think it was a message about that vehicle? glad he’s ok… sorry about the lost vehicle. not only an inconvenience, but a stress…

• 12 maya // Jun 1, 2010 at 8:20 am

oh gayle! how scary that must’ve been. i’m glad that he is all right.