Weeds

May 5th, 2010 · 10 Comments

(Click the images to see them larger.)

If it wasn’t for weeds, our lawn would be so much less interesting!

I did an internet search to see if I could find any cool weed quotes to add to this post.  I got a bunch of marijuana sites in my search results!  Oops!  Wrong kind of weed!

How is your Wednesday going?  Anything special planned for your Cinco de Mayo dinner?!

It’s enchiladas for us!

Tags: Home & Garden · Photography

• 1 d @ qdm // May 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm

I always look at my yard and wonder what it would look like if all of the so-called weeds were gone. We have the dandelions, clovers, wild flowers, even the dollar “weeds” to me are attractive. Heck-it’s green, it’s lush…I’ll keep them!
    .-= d @ qdm´s last blog ..on learning…and thumbsucking (d) =-.

• 2 mrs. e // May 5, 2010 at 5:59 pm

If it weren’t for dandelions, I’m not sure we’d have anything to mow!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..More Weekly Randoms =-.

• 3 Se'lah // May 5, 2010 at 7:23 pm

LOL!!!! You make me laugh…all the time.

That first pic is awesome!

• 4 Tracy // May 6, 2010 at 9:02 am

Outstanding macro shots, Gayle… I love me a dandelion. :o) Funny about your “weed” research… ;o) We had lentil tacos last night…mmm… Thought I’d stop by before we leave for our trip early next week.. Until soon… Happy Days ((HUGS))

• 5 Maya // May 6, 2010 at 10:17 am

i’m sure you found some interesting weed poems!

love your dandelion! :)
    .-= Maya´s last blog ..Ch-ch-changes =-.

• 6 patty // May 6, 2010 at 2:15 pm

belated happy cinco de mayo! i loveLOVElove those shots… the seeds sparkle! :) i did a similar one last year and found a fabulour poem about dandelions… weeds, yaaa… ;0

• 7 patty // May 6, 2010 at 2:17 pm

FYI: that comment love thing is making it hard to leave comments! only when i unclick it can i leave you a message…. comes back w a message “this is a 404 page”?? weird… 😉

• 8 elk // May 6, 2010 at 3:46 pm

so very geometric up close ..magical shots Gayle!

• 9 Katie in MA // May 6, 2010 at 4:12 pm

The girls always beg me not to mow their flowers. I love your photos of them – so much detail!

• 10 Austin // May 6, 2010 at 4:54 pm

cinco de mayo, doesnt that mean pass the mayonaise(i am just joking, i live in south florida, or really northern cuba, i know some spanish, no matter how white i am)