- Heard at my house last night after dinner, while my 8th grade daughter is searching the computer for quotes from Shakespeare plays for English homework. As she finds them she reads them out loud in a very regal voice, but between the lines she breaks out into song – singing Tom Petty’s Free Fallin’! My 7th grade son fills the quiet moments by singing his own musical version of Twas The Night Before Christmas! I love these kids!
- Last night we all went outside and watched the space station pass overhead. It was so cool! We’ve seen it one other time, a couple of years ago, but it’s still exciting! Here’s a link to the Nasa sighting opportunities page. You need to pick your country, then (for the US) your state, then closest town. Here’s another one – Heavens Above. On this site there is a section on the left side of the home page called Configuration where you need to configure it to your observation site. Once it’s set for your town, pick All passes of the ISS from the home page.
- SAT’s are tomorrow! My 11th grade son will be there. He’s not concerned. He’s a brainiac and never stresses about any tests. Still, I’m sending my good thoughts out to all the kids out there that are taking their SAT’s tomorrow!
- I’m still working on the crochet bracelet with the pattern I created. I’m really going to finish that thing one day soon. Really.
- One of our lilac bushes is ready to flower! This is for you, Katie!
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!