I Spy – Bug Edition

April 21st, 2010 · 13 Comments

I had no idea that I was being stared back at when I snapped these photos.

Click on all of the images to make them bigger.  Can you see my little buddy?

How about now?

Tomorrow is Earth Day!  I wonder what this little guy/gal will do to celebrate?  We’re expecting rain, so I figure it’ll eat a few leaves, drink a few droplets…maybe lay a few eggs!  My plans are to wear green, as hopefully the entire town will do, and go to a meeting.  I’ll breathe in the sweet scent of spring rain and listen to the birds chirping their spring songs and I’ll wonder what you are doing!  Our schools are in the midst of week long celebrations and education on taking care of the Earth.  I love that we have such a devoted teaching community and town community!

Tags: Home & Garden · Wild Critters

• 1 spread your wings // Apr 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

that’s so cool. i would have never seen him unless you pointed him out so well.
    that’s really great that your community is so devoted to Earth Day. I think i’ll wear green tomorrow too.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..relaxing / peaceful =-.

• 2 Katie in MA // Apr 21, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Now THAT is a great series of photos! Ha! Glad you are having fun with your new camera…lens…thingy. (Is it obvious that I’m not a camera pro?!)

• 3 elk // Apr 21, 2010 at 3:14 pm

i am not big into bugs ..so I will just say nice green ;)))) wonderful earth day celebration!!

• 4 DesignTies // Apr 22, 2010 at 12:00 am

Wow, he really blends in well with his environment!! Fun pictures :-)

Happy Earth Day!!

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Guest post at K&RD and giveaway reminder =-.

• 5 Tracy // Apr 22, 2010 at 7:15 am

WOW… What a little wonder he/she is! Happy Earth Day, Gayle :o) ((HUGS))

• 6 Kimmie // Apr 22, 2010 at 12:11 pm

amazing! it’s like magic – like finding a fairy in your garden – and realizing that they ARE real!
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..Happy Earth Day =-.

• 7 lailani // Apr 23, 2010 at 7:53 am

oh my! Like a itty bitty alien! I like your buddy, I like your shots!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – =-.

• 8 christina // Apr 23, 2010 at 9:40 am

that’s a beautiful thing, to celebrate the earth is such a way. your community should be praised.
    such wonderful photos. : )
    .-= christina´s last blog ..on this thursday =-.

• 9 Kimmie // Apr 23, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Hi Gayle ….. I’m tagging you to play along in a game. Re-visit your 10th post and tag 5 more people to play …. come on – you know you want to :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..purpose =-.

• 10 Relyn // Apr 23, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Oh, what a fun idea! I love this. LOVE THIS!!
    .-= Relyn´s last blog ..Karey’s Passion =-.

• 11 Renee // Apr 24, 2010 at 12:42 am

Check him out!
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Booger Face =-.

• 12 Puna // Apr 24, 2010 at 2:39 pm

How fun Gayle! I didn’t see him until the third photo. He’s camoflaged pretty well again that plant!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..“It’s More Fun Without A Saddle” & More Girl-isms =-.

• 13 patty // May 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm

beautiful post… i love how you kept bringing us closer until we coul see him… he was very camoflaged! belated happy earth day to you!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..The Way I See It {bees} =-.