Are You Sick of Flowers Yet?

April 19th, 2010 · 12 Comments

I’m sorry, I can’t help it.  After the long gray winter I am loving the color!  Our crab apple tree is flowering and the bees are having a feast!  The tree is humming with activity.

(You can click on the photos to see them bigger.)

I was feeling kind of blue yesterday so I hung out all by myself on our patio for a while.  (Not totally by myself.  My little shadow, Timmy, was with me!)  I sat there thinking and was treated to a visit by both a Cardinal and an Eastern Bluebird!  We have lots of cardinals around here but I think that is the first time I’ve ever seen a bluebird in person.  I didn’t have my camera, but that’s okay.  Sitting quietly and observing was just what I needed!

I hope your week is getting off to an excellent start!

Tags: Home & Garden

• 1 Tracy // Apr 19, 2010 at 11:05 am

Thank you for these blossoms, Gayle! I’ve not been feeling too well this evening, so these cheered me. :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

• 2 kath // Apr 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I have been resisting taking the spring blossom photos, I feel like I have so many already. But tonight I am stopping at a peach orchard on my way home … they are just so beautiful.
    .-= kath´s last blog ..wrapped up =-.

• 3 Kimmie // Apr 19, 2010 at 1:29 pm

No I’m not sick of flowers yet :)
    your little shadow Timmy sounds a lot like my big shadow Theo …. they seem to know a blue mood a mile away don’t they?
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..defined? =-.

• 4 Katie in MA // Apr 19, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I’m glad you sat outside – sunshine therapy is just what you need! We have some bluebirds that visit us here. They always make me happy. Glad you got such a visit! :)

• 5 Puna // Apr 19, 2010 at 7:22 pm

No I’m not sick of flowers. I love it. Today it was 69 degrees. Dang it. It didn’t work…it took me to my home page. Weird…
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..April 17, Palm Trees & Open Buds =-.

• 6 se'lah // Apr 19, 2010 at 7:48 pm

never sick of your flowers.

happy monday dear.

• 7 mrs. e // Apr 19, 2010 at 10:30 pm

I totally agree on the flowers. I finally MADE myself photograph something else. Maybe it was just too long of a winter!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Tuesday Tunes- "My Best Days Are Ahead of Me" =-.

• 8 elizabeth // Apr 20, 2010 at 12:29 am

I am never sick of flowers. I remember when I saw my first bluebird – it was such a happy day. Then, when I moved from CA to OR, I was so sad that my bluebird sightings were over. Except they weren’t! There are bluebirds here too. And bluejays.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..giveaway winners =-.

• 9 Diane // Apr 20, 2010 at 4:46 pm

oh my gosh, it’s hard to believe you’re so far ahead. You must live in the US. The snow is nearly gone up here but there’s still no sign of green just yet. It’s coming though!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..National Hanging Out Day =-.

• 10 spread your wings // Apr 21, 2010 at 10:21 am

i can never tire of seeing flowers and birds and bees and all that is our glorious spring. thanks for sharing yours.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..relaxing / peaceful =-.

• 11 elk // Apr 21, 2010 at 3:15 pm

i really love to see the beauty of nature on other blogs…yours especially
    .-= elk´s last blog ... sunlit =-.

• 12 christina // Apr 23, 2010 at 9:45 am

waving to Timmy! and never am i sick of your flowers.
    xo
    .-= christina´s last blog ..on this thursday =-.