Violets and Randomness

April 16th, 2010 · 14 Comments

My twelve year old son is on a school field trip today.  They are going to the zoo.  It’s 47° F today with showers.  Not really the kind of day I would pick for visiting the zoo!  My son didn’t look thrilled with the prospect either.

I’m in the process of creating a crochet bracelet.  It’s more intricate than my usual patterns and I brilliantly haven’t written down any of what I’m doing.  As it progressed I kept thinking, “This doesn’t look too good.  Why bother writing it down.  I’ll probably just rip it out.”  The bracelet is almost finished and I still don’t love it, but my daughter does!  I see some crochet detective work in my future to figure out what I did!

I have never known how to put the degree symbol in a post so I always just type out the word.  Now I know how, two ways!  The first way to show the degree symbol, you type  &deg in your html editor.  The second way, hold down the alt key and type 0176 on your numeric key pad.  Make sure the num lock is on.  The second way can be done in either your html editor or your visual editor.  Easy!

We are going to a birthday party for one of my husband’s brothers this weekend.  There will be lobster!  Forget the presents, let’s eat!

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

Tags: Family · Home & Garden · Photography

• 1 spread your wings // Apr 16, 2010 at 10:33 am

oh that’s too bad about the weather. the zoo is fun in good weather but not so much when it’s cold and rainy.
    your photos have a lovely delicate feel to them
    have fun this weekend. hope the weather improves.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..spring up =-.

• 2 Stephanie // Apr 16, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Those photos are so dreamy… I just want to roll around in a field of violets. (Well, not if it’s only 47 degrees. 😉 )
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Okay, I’m done. =-.

• 3 Katie in MA // Apr 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

You have such a magic touch photographing flowers! Your pics always come out so pretty…but without any of the pollen. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

• 4 ELK // Apr 16, 2010 at 9:07 pm

random is great for the end of the week ..your flowers look soft and like a quiet moment during the day..so nice
    .-= ELK´s last blog ..foundation of a weekend =-.

• 5 se'lah // Apr 17, 2010 at 4:07 pm

these photos are MAGICAL, Gayle. Especially awww-ing at the last shot.

• 6 Puna // Apr 17, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Okay now that’s cool. It’s 76&degrees here…it’s not working! It’s 76 degrees here…not working! What am I doing wrong? And have a great time at your party!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..April 17, Palm Trees & Open Buds =-.

• 7 Gayle // Apr 18, 2010 at 10:06 am

Hey Puna!
    Hmmm, let’s see if the & deg works… &deg in the comment field. And let’s see if the alt 0176 works… °. Okay, alt 0176 works! I need to post the comment to see if the & deg works.

• 8 Gayle // Apr 18, 2010 at 10:07 am

Only the alt 0176 works in the comment field. I guess you need to be in an html editor for the &deg to work!

• 9 mrs. e // Apr 18, 2010 at 10:20 am

Gayle, you’re teaching the teacher!! I’ve never know how to do that either!! Thank you!!

Love you sweet violet shots!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Sunday Morning =-.

• 10 Puna // Apr 18, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Aha! Thanks so much Gayle! I love learning these new things. How does that work if you have a laptop though?
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..April 17, Palm Trees & Open Buds =-.

• 11 margie // Apr 18, 2010 at 8:38 pm

this series of photos…gorgeous.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..wrapped up =-.

• 12 elizabeth // Apr 19, 2010 at 12:16 am

Oh! The golden bokeh in the last photo makes me think of the golden hour. I love it.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I am now craving broccoli rabe with olive oil/garlic. Yummy.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..giveaway winners =-.

• 13 Gayle // Apr 19, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Hey Puna,
    I think I found out how on a laptop! Try pressing the function key and the alt key and then 0176. I haven’t tried it on our laptop. Let me know if it works!

• 14 Diane // Apr 20, 2010 at 4:47 pm

these are so delicate and pretty. Every one beautiful. My favourite is that last sunny one!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..National Hanging Out Day =-.