Monday Memories: The Fifty-fourth!

April 12th, 2010 · 11 Comments

(This post has photos in it.  Hopefully they are viewable!)

Today my memories are about our pool and all of the good times we have had in it.

It was here when we moved into our house almost 15 years ago.  So many good memories include our pool.  Our three children learned to swim in it.  They have had swimming competitions in it.  My husband has pretended to be a water monster in it, producing loads of giggles and belly laughs from my children!  My daughter and I have exercised in it.  We have had parties and lots of family and friends in it.  We’ve lounged by it and jumped in when we got too hot.  We’ve gone in it on hot nights.  We’ve gone in it on cool nights, when the water was warmer than the air.  My daughter and I created our first Stan & Floss Adventure using it.

Later, when it was falling apart, we found frogs and toads and snapping turtles in it.

We’ve roasted marshmallows in it.

My husband is now in the process of demolishing our pool.  I feel sad about it.  I feel like I’ll lose the memories.  I’m sad that we won’t create new ones with the pool.  It feels like one more step away from they joys of childhood.  Sigh.

Do you have any memories to share today?  Please leave a link in the comments!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things · Monday Memories

• 1 lailani // Apr 12, 2010 at 10:08 am

Ahhh, An array of memories! Even if the kids aren’t swimming in it – it sure is nice that it served in other ways too!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – Sites on a Hike =-.

• 2 Tracy // Apr 12, 2010 at 11:09 am

Toasting marshmallows in the hold pool… that’s a way to say goodbye…. a sweet way to say goodbye, Gayle :o) ((HUGS))

• 3 DesignTies // Apr 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm

You may not have the pool anymore, but you’ll always have the pictures and the memories :-) And from the look and sound of it, those memories are pretty good!!

Thanks for entering our Empowering Giveaway :-) And also thanks for letting me know our blog was loading slow for you. Is it still slow??

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..A Creative Solution = Lovely Pillows! =-.

• 4 mrs. e // Apr 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I love that you have had such fun. And that you found a way to have fun even in the demolition! Their childhood may be gone– the memories never. And I have to tell you that there is something special about the next stage of their lives, too. Finally, you aren’t so much a parent, but a good friend. AND…the friend is a person you really, really like!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Week 15- Church/Cathedral =-.

• 5 Kimmie // Apr 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

exactly why I want to live in my house forever – so many memories attached to the house the yard the neighborhood – and if we had a pool – the pool too
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..hold your head up =-.

• 6 elk // Apr 12, 2010 at 3:50 pm

you will always have the good memories…and a lot more money…ours is expensive to keep up !!

• 7 se'lah // Apr 12, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Bentley!!!!

• 8 se'lah // Apr 12, 2010 at 8:27 pm

love this post.
    xo
    .-= se’lah´s last blog ..promoting the arts… =-.

• 9 elizabeth // Apr 13, 2010 at 11:53 pm

It looks like you have lots of memories from it. I remember the marshmallow roasting photo – I loved that idea. Hugs to you as the demolishing occurs.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..in my head, i see =-.

• 10 Katie in MA // Apr 15, 2010 at 10:36 am

Think about happy new memories – like room to garden or to install a hot tub for you and the hubby! 😉 We never know what’s around the next bend in the road, but if I know you, I can practically guarantee there will be lot of new smiles and memories to be had. (And lovely new pictures to be snapped, too!)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..With a love note here, and a love note there… =-.

• 11 Nearing Summer’s End // Aug 24, 2010 at 10:56 am

[…] we’ve been roasting marshmallows in our pool ruins.  Because this is where memories are made. Bookmark It Hide Sites […]