Upping The Contrast

April 9th, 2010 · 10 Comments

Thank goodness for digital cameras.  I would never be able to afford the amount of film necessary for me to get a shot I like!  Finally, finally yesterday I was pleased with some of the photos I took.  I went into my camera’s inner workings and settings and upped the contrast by +1.  I love the results!  These images are SOOC (straight out of camera).

I almost always shoot in Aperture Priority.  I mess with my white balance setting all the time and I’m always changing the aperture value.  I almost always have my exposure compensation set to +0.7 because otherwise my photos are too dark.  Now, I’ll mess with the contrast!  Do you fool around with all the cool settings on your camera?  Please share your secrets!

Happy Friday!

Tags: Home & Garden · Photography

• 1 Tracy // Apr 9, 2010 at 8:20 am

FABULOUS photos, Gayle…you’re really workin’ that camera to great results! I feel like I’m always learning my camera, always twiddling with settings…sometimes getting “right”, a lot of times now… LOL! But it’s great fun trying. Happy Weekend to you all there :o) ((HUGS))
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..Homeward bound… and calling New York City! =-.

• 2 Kimmie // Apr 9, 2010 at 10:41 am

SOOC? amazing! I just point and shoot my coolpix – usually on the macro setting – and then I play in iPhoto after uploading what I’ve got. I always shoot about 10 pics of the same subject – hoping to get at least one decent one to work with. These photos are Beautiful! I can see the all this time too (except the 1st one)

• 3 spread your wings // Apr 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm

these are great. yes i do mess with the settings – trying different things and i shoot a lot of the same thing. i also play around with them in photoshop. much of the time i will up the contrast. i feel like it makes the image appear sharper.
    have a great weekend.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..infinite =-.

• 4 elk // Apr 9, 2010 at 4:22 pm

beautiful blooms ..words are greek to me ..happy friday

• 5 lailani // Apr 9, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Pretty! :)
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – Sites on a Hike =-.

• 6 Se'lah // Apr 9, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Gorgeous, Gayle. I need to play with my camera some more. I’ve missed her inner workings.

hope you enjoy the weekend.
    one love.
    xo
    .-= Se’lah´s last blog ..Women and Children of Darfur… =-.

• 7 DesignTies // Apr 9, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I have no idea how the cool settings on my camera work, so I’m scared to fool around with them!!

These flower pics are awesome :-)

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..It’s all about the Wabi-Sabi =-.

• 8 Puna // Apr 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Very nice Gayle! I admit I didn’t know my camera had a contrast setting;)
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..April 9, Smile Nashville & The World Will Smile With You =-.

• 9 mrs. e // Apr 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I’ve got nothing! Your pictures are amazing. One of these days I’m going to own a terrific camera!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Blog Party 2010 =-.

• 10 margie // Apr 12, 2010 at 7:51 am

don’t ask how much time i can lose playing with the photos.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..macro hippo =-.