Weeds?

April 6th, 2010 · 13 Comments

Weeds or not, they look so happy and joyful after all the gray and brown of winter!

Has your week gotten off to a good start?  Ours is going pretty well.  Last week we had spring break, so this week it is very hard to get up early!

Tags: Home & Garden · Photography

• 1 mrs. e // Apr 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm

So glad to see some dandelions making an appearance your way. They are a cute little weed aren’t they?!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Week 14- Mailboxes =-.

• 2 elk // Apr 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm

you have a great eye for beauty gayle!

• 3 Puna // Apr 6, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Those weeds are a delicacy in some Asian countries!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..A 24 Hour Spring Break In Nashville =-.

• 4 spread your wings // Apr 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm

i always thought the dandelion was a pretty little weed – in both it’s stages
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..distinctive / distinct =-.

• 5 Kimmie // Apr 6, 2010 at 11:29 pm

I love violets! are they weeds? another weed to keep I guess – I’ll add it to my list :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..upside down =-.

• 6 Katie in MA // Apr 7, 2010 at 4:42 pm

My girls LOVE to pick dandelions for me – I think I’ll always have a soft spot for them! (Luckily, because they’ve taken over my lawn!)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..I think I might have just died a little. =-.

• 7 imoomie // Apr 7, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Love your dandelion photo, but don’t enjoy them in my lawn so much! Ha-ha.

It’s hard to buckle back down and finish the school year when spring is calling!
    .-= imoomie´s last blog ..In All Things… =-.

• 8 Tracy // Apr 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

Anything growing, anything green, anything flowering–I’ll take it…even dandelions! Lovely photos, Gayle… Happy Day :o) ((HUGS))

• 9 lailani // Apr 8, 2010 at 9:21 am

Love them – bloom where you are planted!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – Sites on a Hike =-.

• 10 DesignTies // Apr 8, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Thanks for voting for Carbo in Diane’s contest :-)

You know, dandelions are actually pretty cheerful flowers even if they’re considered to be weeds. And you’re right, any hit of colour after winter is more than welcome!!

Love the violet :-)

Hey, we’re having a giveaway over at DT — come enter!!

Kelly

• 11 Stephanie // Apr 8, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Sigh. I *always* have a hard time getting up early. And I don’t have any good excuses.

• 12 Austin // Apr 8, 2010 at 6:40 pm

wow, weeds being pretty, i guess i have no appreciation for them considering they bloom all year round from where i come from(florida, havent know any other place) but spring is amazing, and school totally isnt

• 13 elizabeth // Apr 9, 2010 at 12:00 am

flowers!
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..the st. johns bridge =-.