Finished!

March 31st, 2010 · 15 Comments

As you can see my helper, Timmy, helped. To give you an idea of size, this is a photo of the afghan on my queen sized bed.

I started this blanket near the end of February and finished it yesterday.  I followed the Stratford Circle Afghan pattern from Lion Brand Yarn except that I used different colors than specified.  It was a really easy pattern to follow and worked up pretty quickly.  It was just towards the end that I felt that I was never going to finish because the rounds got so big!  I liked using Homespun yarn.  It was soft and very comfortable to crochet with.  I also like to use a  machine washable yarn because I am not a hand-wash only kind of girl!  My youngest son has claimed this blanket as his own and that makes me so happy! (No, not Timmy, my human youngest son!)

It feels very good to have this project finished because I’m anxious to get started on something new!  I did crochet my daughter a bracelet last night, but I made it too big.  I was being too lazy and didn’t measure.  I mean really lazy; I didn’t even try it on my wrist!  Sigh.

Happy Wednesday!

Tags: Crocheted Stuff

• 1 Fuzzy Duck // Mar 31, 2010 at 1:52 pm

i wish i could start something completely new, ever since i made the duck pattern you posted(it turned out really good) i’ve just been swamped w/projects, i have to finish the afghan i started 3 days ago, i have to finish the monkey pattern that you posted, and i still have a pair of socks, so much stuff

• 2 Gayle // Mar 31, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Hi Fuzzy Duck!
    Wow! So many projects! I try to finish one before I begin another because if I don’t, I’ll never finish any of them!

• 3 elk // Mar 31, 2010 at 3:13 pm

how cool your son “claimed” it, that should make you feel so good mom!! Great color combinations Gayle

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

WOW that is so wonderful. great colors for a boy too. nice!!
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..imagination in Athens =-.

• 5 mrs. e // Mar 31, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I love, love, love it! You are a talented woman!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Randoms for Easter, Etc. =-.

• 6 se'lah // Mar 31, 2010 at 8:48 pm

it’s funny that you say you are lazy while making gorgeous items. this is fantastic!
    .-= se’lah´s last blog ..it’s raining… =-.

• 7 Relyn // Mar 31, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Lazy? I think not. You are amazing. And talented.
    .-= Relyn´s last blog ..a moment last Saturday =-.

• 8 Tracy // Apr 1, 2010 at 10:27 am

WOW…the finish is GORGEOUS, Gayle! Seriously–not one ounce of lazy there! Love the colors. And it is big! It is a satisfying thing to complete such a big projects, isn’t it? I’m hoping to soon finish knitting two cardigans…hoping too–LOL! ;o) Great to see sweet Timmy… and with his tail on! ;o) Wishing you & yours a beautiful Easter holiday weekend coming up! ((HUGS))
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..A Quiet Hour… =-.

• 9 Liz // Apr 1, 2010 at 10:53 am

Wow… you did a fabulous job. And Timmy is too adorable. :)
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..The Little Lemon Thyme That Could =-.

• 10 Kimmie // Apr 1, 2010 at 11:37 am

I wish I could see it! For some reason I can’t view your picture :(
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..the center =-.

• 11 patty // Apr 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm

i still love those colors, and there’s nothing like the affirmations of your own child!! great job… if i’d have started at the end of feb, i would be done by the end of march, too… 5 years later, of course! ;o
    .-= patty´s last blog ..those pretty little feet =-.

• 12 christina // Apr 1, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I think Timmy, just got cuter! : )
    .-= christina´s last blog ..the everyday =-.

• 13 elizabeth // Apr 1, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Lazy? Ha.

It looks good! (And Timmy looks very comfortable. By the way, imagine if Timmy and Atlas got together – the stuffing that would ensue. 😉
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..there is extraordinary in the ordinary =-.

• 14 Puna // Apr 4, 2010 at 9:03 am

Wow that’s big! Great job Gayle it’s beautiful!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..He Is Risen ~ Easter 2010 =-.

• 15 Katie in MA // Apr 5, 2010 at 4:48 pm

That looks sooooo cozy! It makes me want to curl up in it with a good book!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Oops, she did it again. =-.