Spring!

March 22nd, 2010 · 7 Comments

I’m having some fun and some frustration learning my new lens.  I really dislike using a tripod, so I often don’t go get it.  Also, I think I need to switch to manual focus when I’m trying to get close-up shots because the camera has a really hard time finding focus.  But!  Oh, how I am loving the out-of-focus bokeh!!!  I didn’t get great focus on the chives here but the blur of the chain link fence behind it?!  I love it!

These are some forsythia branches that I brought inside to force to bloom early.  I got all set up with my tripod to  mess around and learn, took four photos, and then my camera battery started flashing at me, yelling that it wants to be charged, and the memory card is almost full.  I guess I’ll learn later!

How is your Monday going so far?

Tags: Photography

• 1 Puna // Mar 22, 2010 at 10:12 am

It’s going just fine…you look like you are having a blast with your camera. I love that you are experimenting. No Monday memory today?
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Still Or Already? =-.

• 2 spread your wings // Mar 22, 2010 at 4:55 pm

i really do like these images. the blurred background is so painterly.
    our forsythia is in bloom – it was 75 Saturday and this morning it we had snow showers. crazy.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..blue / yellow =-.

• 3 elk // Mar 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm

experimenting is what it takes and am enjoying the process…i do not like to use the big tripod either …I got one of those bendy portable table top ones …

great green and buds here today…I want to tell you how much I appreciate your comments on my blog(S)…it really means so much to me gayle

• 4 Katie in MA // Mar 22, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I am LOVING your new lens! and the pretty, pretty bokeh! (I love that word, although I can never remember it.)

Monday is going okay so far…the sunshine is back, at least!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Guest blog: Summer tastes like… =-.

• 5 Tracy // Mar 23, 2010 at 5:48 am

The green shoots and buds look lovely here, Gayle… You are really becoming a photographer! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

• 6 Se'lah // Mar 25, 2010 at 9:40 am

Love the bokeh!
    I need to dedicate some time to practising with the features of my camera. I’m impressed with your progress in photography.
    .-= Se’lah´s last blog ..earth hour… =-.

• 7 patty // Mar 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm

pretty shots to have started the week with… i found the same with my new lense, gayle. more success with contrasting colors, dark against light, etc… let me know what tricks you learn!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..which moment? =-.