Spiral

March 19th, 2010 · 11 Comments

I took this photo yesterday and loved it.  That is a rare occurrence.  I have over 400 photos on the memory card in my camera right now and I probably only love about 3 of them.  Well, except for the photos of my children – I love them all whether they are good photos or not.  So, I was all set to post this photo today…and then I showed it to my husband.  To him this is a mostly out of focus photo of a piece of plastic spiral thing from a notebook.  I started questioning myself.  Should I post this?  Will everyone that sees it think, “Why didn’t she just throw it away?”  This actually almost brought me to tears.  How do you put it out there and not care whether others like it or not.  Is the fact that I like it enough?  The story of my life.

Something I’ll ponder over the weekend, probably while I’m taking more photos of useless items that I think are cool!  Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

Tags: Photography

• 1 Kimmie // Mar 19, 2010 at 10:19 am

I love it! I’m glad you put it out there! It looks like something ELK would show us – a whole new way of looking at something that would otherwise be mundane and overlooked …. I think it’s a fabulous photo! Promise not to overthink yourself to the brink of tears next time – ok?!
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..front door =-.

• 2 spread your wings // Mar 19, 2010 at 11:21 am

first of all when i saw this i immediately loved it. it’s very cool and abstract, it’s bouncy and happy to me.
    secondly I can relate to this feeling you have. generally i think the fact that you like it is good enough.
    have a great weekend and take lots of photos that make YOU happy.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..Happy St. Patrick’s day =-.

• 3 mrs. e // Mar 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I love this! Call me quirky–it just makes me happy!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Friday Favorites =-.

• 4 Katie in MA // Mar 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm

It’s not something that I am immediately drawn too (except for the sparklies in the background, of course!), but it’s something that I can appreciate. I love finding news ways to look at things.

Still – it’s your art. No one has to love it but you! I know our hearts warm when others love what we love, but don’t let that steal your happy. It’s yours and you lurrrrve it – and that makes us smile and be glad for you!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..I’ve got big plans, big plans I say! =-.

• 5 elk // Mar 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm

do not do this to yourself ..post what YOU like ..otherwise it will not be as much fun…

I adore the abstract here!!
    .-= elk´s last blog ..i am =-.

• 6 Puna // Mar 19, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Oh Gayle, you make me smile and I LOVE THE PHOTO!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Ummm, I’m Not Looking Mom =-.

• 7 elizabeth // Mar 20, 2010 at 1:13 am

Oh, sweetie, post what you like. How you feel about it is really what matters most.

And I LOVE IT! If I saw it on my camera, I would clap with glee.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..one last look =-.

• 8 chocolate and whine // Mar 20, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Ditto what everyone else said. You gotta just post what you love and who cares what anyone else thinks. (I know… easier said than done sometimes.) I love the photo. I love the mood (great choice to go with black and white) and I love love love the bokeh.

• 9 se'lah // Mar 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I said “ooooo” the moment I saw this photo. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
    .-= se’lah´s last blog ..in her own words: Buddhist meets Rasta… =-.

• 10 Tracy // Mar 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

I think this photo is FABULOUS, Gayle! I love the highly abstract quality of it–it glitters and beguiles… LOVE it! Be passionate about what you do, love what you do for the sake of doing. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

• 11 patty // Mar 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm

i love it, too… in fact, i’d print and frame it if i were you!! be true to your own tastes (and never ask a man his opinion on art!) (kidding of course!!) ;o
    .-= patty´s last blog ..which moment? =-.