Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

March 17th, 2010 · 8 Comments

A little bit of green, shot from the hip, actually shot from the foot.  The ground is soaking wet from snow melt and all the rain we’ve had so I wasn’t going to get down on my belly!  As you can see, the camera had a little problem with focus!  I like it anyway.  Seeing some green at this time of year is welcome whether it’s in focus or not!

The next one is in my kitchen.  I think I’m starting to understand why I have read that you must use a tripod when you shoot macro.  I didn’t use one.

And the last, again shot from the foot!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, whether you’re in focus today or not!

Tags: Photography

• 1 elizabeth // Mar 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I love the out-of-focus-ness. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..atlas has a birth day! =-.

• 2 Shalet // Mar 17, 2010 at 3:00 pm

You know I never use a tripod either — sometimes it’s hit and miss. My macro is my favorite lens.
    .-= Shalet´s last blog .. =-.

• 3 Katie in MA // Mar 17, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Love it! I am *not* in focus today – I forgot to wear green! I had to print out a shamrock on office paper, cut it out, and tape it to my shirt. In my department, you get pinched if you’re not wearing green. And I can tell you – it hurts! :)

• 4 ELK // Mar 17, 2010 at 6:18 pm

soft & green …you are having fun !! it is a treat to see what you do next

• 5 Puna // Mar 17, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Gayle this is beautiful! You are really blossoming as a photographer. That first photo would make a cool texture.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..March 17, Happy St. Patrick’s Day Kitty =-.

• 6 mrs. e // Mar 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

I’m so impressed that you have any green that isn’t fake!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Happy St. Patrick’s Day on the Dozen O’Random =-.

• 7 kath // Mar 18, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I love it and call it “intentional blur”
    .-= kath´s last blog ..Running beside the band wagon. =-.

• 8 patty // Mar 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm

happy st pat’s! love these three, and think they would make a fine tri-cryptic! 😉
    .-= patty´s last blog ..reaching =-.