This Is Gonna Be Fun!

March 15th, 2010 · 11 Comments

Yesterday I turned 47.  My sweet husband and kids totally surprised me with a new lens for my camera!

They gave it to me last night, so I haven’t had much time to play with it yet.  It’s the fastest lens I’ve ever had and I was able to shoot both of these photos hand held, indoors, without a flash!  I have a bunch of work to get done before I play, so hopefully I can be speedy! Happy Monday, everyone!

Tags: Photography

• 1 elk // Mar 15, 2010 at 11:27 am

happy happy birthday friend!! happy happy photo taking …wow what fun!

• 2 DesignTies // Mar 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Happy Birthday, Gayle!! Those two shots are amazing!! What lens did you get??

Hurry and get all your work done so you can play with your new toy :-)

Kelly

P.S. Does our blog usually load slowly for you??
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..The real & official kitchen makeover post =-.

• 3 Tracy // Mar 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAYLE… a day late, but still–so many happy wishes coming your way! :o) A new lens…ooo…that is a great gift…*swoon*… Looks like you’re putting it into great practice already! Enjoy ((HUGS))

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 15, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Happy Birthday Gayle!!
    you’re going to have fun with that new gift i just know it. can’t wait to see the results. these two are cool.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..in the ground / on the table =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Mar 15, 2010 at 4:08 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a great gift – I love the macros!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Spring Break or bust! =-.

• 6 mrs. e // Mar 15, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Happy Birthday, Gayle!! I love the new lens and am quite jealous!! Can’t wait to see more shots!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Just a couple of things =-.

• 7 Gayle // Mar 15, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Thank you to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes!

• 8 elizabeth // Mar 16, 2010 at 12:44 am

Is it a macro lens?! Happy happy birthday to you, Gayle! What a fantastic present! I can imagine all the fun you will have.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..atlas has a birth day! =-.

• 9 patty // Mar 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm

beautiful shots!! and oh! happy, happy birthday, girl!!! :))
    i just got a similar one… i think it’s 60mm, but also 2.0 macro… planning a photo-op tomorrow. i noticed some trees budding… yeah! spring! :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..Restoring Jane: Magnesium & My 1st Give Away =-.

• 10 Puna // Mar 17, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Happy happy happy birthday Gayle! And what a great gift! Is that Timmy’s eye?
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..March 17, Happy St. Patrick’s Day Kitty =-.

• 11 After The Rain // Apr 29, 2010 at 10:43 am