More Snow and Book Blur

March 3rd, 2010 · 10 Comments

We’re getting more of this today.  Spring, are you out there somewhere???  Please arrive here soon.

Luckily, I have yarn and I’m in the process of making a crochet afghan.  And!  I have the book Understanding Shutter Speed by Bryan Peterson that I bought with a gift certificate!  (Bryan Peterson, please move into the house next to mine and teach me how to use my camera.)  And!  I have some other books that were given to me and some others that I bought with that same gift certificate!

I won’t be reading the books just yet, I’ll be practicing creative shutter speed techniques with them!

Zoom In books, or is it Zoom Out?

Ghost books

Fast books

Have you read any of these books?  Do you know if they are any good, or are they just fun models?!

Tags: Photography

• 1 elk // Mar 3, 2010 at 8:54 am

thank you . for the smile at your stack of books . your beauty out the window (I know you are tired of it ) but it is magical .off to face the preschoolers . blessings elk

• 2 Katie in MA // Mar 3, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Oh, fun! (Not the snow. The camera and the books. ooooh, and afghans!) I haven’t read any of those, but I’ve heard good things about The Girl Who Played With Fire. Right now I’m reading Jasper Fforde’s Something Rotten (4th in the Thursday Next series) and trudging through Paolo Coehlo’s Witch of Portobello, which my sister loves but I do not.
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..The bagged lunch conundrum. =-.

• 3 Shannon // Mar 3, 2010 at 5:56 pm

I officially hated winter in November so I am totally feeling for you. It is still pretty chilly here but warm weather is coming. I hope it hits your area soon!!

And I wish you lived next door so I could not only learn to use my camera better but learn to crochet.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..DIY of the Week – Braided Rag Rug =-.

• 4 imoomie // Mar 3, 2010 at 10:25 pm

If only I could read as fast as those books are moving, looks like warp speed.

Here’s to keeping busy until spring is upon us.
    .-= imoomie´s last blog ..A Gift To Remember… =-.

• 5 Se'lah // Mar 4, 2010 at 7:00 pm

your pics are such fun. esp. fun books. lol.

sending you a big hug.

xo

• 6 Tracy // Mar 6, 2010 at 6:24 am

fast books…I like that! So much snow… oh, my… Keep warm and enjoy the weekend now! :o) ((HUGS))

• 7 mrs. e // Mar 6, 2010 at 10:38 am

I’m feeling for you with the snow. We are finally melting and 50’s. I’ll send it your way!

Your books pics are amazing!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Saturday’s List- The Best of Trailer High =-.

• 8 Puna // Mar 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Oh this is cool Gayle. Today is 50 degrees. It’s beautiful!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..It’s Saturday…Bliss =-.

• 9 margie // Mar 9, 2010 at 7:43 am

i have now doubt bryan would love to live next door to you however he has already made a commitment to me.

• 10 patty // Mar 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm

really-fun! did you mve the camera as you hit the button?! can’t see the titles (getting old), but love grisham
    .-= patty´s last blog ..Restoring Jane: Magnesium & My 1st Give Away =-.