Monday Memories: The Fifty-first!

February 21st, 2010 · 10 Comments

My oldest son turns seventeen this week!  As I’ve said before, it seems that I am at a loss for words when something means a lot to me.  Here it goes…

From pregnancy and that first year, I remember

wondering…

if you would be a boy or girl ~ if you be born on your due date (nope, one day after) ~ if my milk was enough for you (yep, for six months it was all you got) ~ when you would sleep through the night (I need to look in your baby book, I don’t remember when you did this!)  ~ when you would finally sit up on your own (a little later than I expected) ~ what you would be like at seventeen

loving…

the feel of you in my arms ~ the smell of you ~ the way you stuck out your bottom lip when you were getting upset ~ carrying you with your little arms wrapped around me ~ that you loved books from when you were so tiny ~ the way you thought everything Bart (our dog) did was hilarious ~ that you were so filled with joy

Always

I am so proud and thankful that you are my son.  You will always be my lovebug.

What are your memories this week? Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky! If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Fifty-second!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // Feb 22, 2010 at 6:56 am

This is so sweet. They will always be our babies. Thank you again Gayle for being you!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..February 19, Me Three =-.

• 2 margie // Feb 22, 2010 at 7:39 am

birthday boys. i had one this month as well. he turned twenty.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..Olympic Macro Monday =-.

• 3 maya // Feb 22, 2010 at 8:37 am

what sweet memories, gayle. :) i hope your son has a very happy birthday.

p.s. i’m still wondering when V will sleep through the night. :(
    .-= maya´s last blog ..Pt. 5: Taking the pictures =-.

• 4 Christine // Feb 22, 2010 at 9:40 am

Gayle! I love this concept, it’s always wonderful to take a walk down memory lane. My little ones second birthday was yesterday and looking back on his birth has been a great joy! Love your crocheted creations:) Happy Monday Memories!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Mosaic Monday: Labor of Love =-.

• 5 se'lah // Feb 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Such sweet memories on a rainy Monday.

Hope as time flies, you are having fun.

xo

• 6 Norma // Feb 22, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I’m looking waaaaaaaaaay back today–to school bus rules in the 1950s.
    .-= Norma´s last blog ..Monday Memories–Bus Rules =-.

• 7 Tracy // Feb 23, 2010 at 5:24 am

Happy 17th to you dear son, Gayle! WOW… 17, that’s big… Such sweet sentiments here… bless you for sharing them. :o) ((HUGS))

• 8 spread your wings // Feb 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm

such a sweet loving post. Happy Birthday to your son.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..the way i saw it / the way she saw it =-.

• 9 patty // Feb 24, 2010 at 9:56 pm

i just posted on m son, too, gayle.. hmm. happy birthday to yours! sweet post and sweet way to honor him.
    .-= patty´s last blog ..about my son… =-.

• 10 New Driver // Feb 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

[…] newly seventeen year old son has been out learning to drive with my husband several times now.  They started out going to the […]