My oldest son turns seventeen this week! As I’ve said before, it seems that I am at a loss for words when something means a lot to me. Here it goes…
From pregnancy and that first year, I remember
if you would be a boy or girl ~ if you be born on your due date (nope, one day after) ~ if my milk was enough for you (yep, for six months it was all you got) ~ when you would sleep through the night (I need to look in your baby book, I don’t remember when you did this!) ~ when you would finally sit up on your own (a little later than I expected) ~ what you would be like at seventeen
the feel of you in my arms ~ the smell of you ~ the way you stuck out your bottom lip when you were getting upset ~ carrying you with your little arms wrapped around me ~ that you loved books from when you were so tiny ~ the way you thought everything Bart (our dog) did was hilarious ~ that you were so filled with joy
I am so proud and thankful that you are my son. You will always be my lovebug.
What are your memories this week? Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky! If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Fifty-second!