What I Should Be Doing

February 5th, 2010 · 7 Comments

I’ve put my blinders on and I’m trying not to think of the things I should be doing.

I should be thinking about the things I should be doing.

I should be doing the things I should be doing.

Those things include:

• typing the minutes of a meeting
  • going to a website called finaid.org (enter at your own risk of total confusion and frustration because your baby is a junior in high school and you don’t have piles of money to spend on college)
  • crocheting something special
  • emptying the dishwasher
  • laundry
  • going to a website called collegeboard.com (enter at your own risk and terror that your baby is leaving you next year and the place he’s going is taking too much of your money)
  • other stuff that I can’t think of because my baby is going to college next year and after a financial aid seminar and a college admissions seminar and a senior planning meeting at the high school this past week, THAT IS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT.

The green arrow is pointing to my boy. Yes, it's true, he didn't tuck in his shirt. Sigh.

Tags: Family

• 1 mrs. e // Feb 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Oh, if he didn’t tuck in his shirt–he’s a typical teenager! Yep, these are the days that try Mom’s heart. Hang in there, Gayle!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..The Pot of Gold- Rainbow #3 =-.

• 2 Kimmie // Feb 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm

…. the sort of things that keep us up at night ….. not the typing and the dishwasher and the laundry …. the other stuff. But with the crochet project (I like to knit) I’ll bet you will find your thoughts falling into those longed for orderly and peaceful places.
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..outside in =-.

• 3 elk // Feb 5, 2010 at 6:39 pm

ah YES teenage dances…financial aid and college board…been there done that ..on my 2nd time around…

it is amazing the cost isnt it!?

• 4 patty // Feb 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm

love this post! {and did you stay for the dance??}
    i have a mcklinky party going… my first! come join! :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..I’m-Not-At-Blissdom-Blog-Hop =-.

• 5 christina // Feb 5, 2010 at 10:49 pm

look at that photo! awesome!
    xo
    .-= christina´s last blog ..a paradise of sweet things and a deep sigh for love =-.

• 6 Puna // Feb 6, 2010 at 5:27 pm

awwww…look at all the kids dancing! I love it! And I feel your pain…it’s my turn next year. I hope you can sludge through okay.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..February 6, A Record Snow =-.

• 7 Tracy // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:15 am

Oh, my goodness…school dance… that takes me back…Yikes! Such wonderful photos, Gayle… Hope all goes well with all the necessary school things–it is a circus, isn’t it? Hope your son feels better very soon. Happy Week to you all :o) ((HUGS))
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..Quiche Epiphany =-.