Monday Memories: The Forty-eighth!

January 31st, 2010 · 8 Comments

July 2002

My oldest boy has been occupying my thoughts a lot lately.  Remembering him like this, when he was a nine year old boy.  When he loved Legos and Stephen Speilberg movies and going on vacation and spending time with his brother and sister and my husband and I.

Now his mind is on his studies, his friends, his guitar, his music, learning to drive, finding a summer job, college planning…he would rather be with friends than with his siblings and parents.

He will be seventeen in just a few weeks.  I love the changes in him and they make me sad, too.  I’m so glad I’m his mom.  I never had a clue what a wonderful, scary, joyful, sad, fantastic job being a mom was going to be!  I am so thankful that I am finding out.

What are your memories this week?  Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-ninth!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // Jan 31, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Oh Gayle, I know exactly how you feel. It’s bittersweet this growing up. I love it and can’t stand it at the same time. But of course, I’m always a little emotional. Sending out love and hugs to you for I know where of you speak.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..On Darwinism =-.

• 2 elk // Feb 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

i am on the same boat ride Gayle…it is a voyage of a lifetime!

• 3 Katie in MA // Feb 1, 2010 at 3:55 pm

No memories today – I’m lucky I got a post up at all, the way my weekend went! That is such a fun photo of your boy. Hope he is smiling even if he prefers to do it elsewhere for now. If he’s anything like I was at that age, he might stray a little for a year or two as he tests out his wings, but then you won’t be able to get rid of him. :-)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..A new nickname was born. =-.

• 4 spread your wings // Feb 1, 2010 at 4:06 pm

T turns 20 in a couple of weeks and my thoughts and memories have been going down a similar path. It’s bittersweet for sure.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..growth / ambition =-.

• 5 patty // Feb 1, 2010 at 8:21 pm

sweet photo, gayle! time goes so quickly, doesn’t it?!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..holding youth =-.

• 6 sunnymama // Feb 2, 2010 at 3:56 am

Such a fun photo! :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Batik Frog Wall Hanging GIVEAWAY =-.

• 7 Se'lah // Feb 2, 2010 at 10:07 am

cool shot. time flies when you’re having fun. it’s a good thing.

• 8 DesignTies // Feb 2, 2010 at 10:11 am

Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you :-) Your love for them shines through in every post you write about them :-)

Sorry I’m late with this, but thanks so much for the congratulations on my home office win :-)

Kelly