My oldest boy has been occupying my thoughts a lot lately. Remembering him like this, when he was a nine year old boy. When he loved Legos and Stephen Speilberg movies and going on vacation and spending time with his brother and sister and my husband and I.
Now his mind is on his studies, his friends, his guitar, his music, learning to drive, finding a summer job, college planning…he would rather be with friends than with his siblings and parents.
He will be seventeen in just a few weeks. I love the changes in him and they make me sad, too. I’m so glad I’m his mom. I never had a clue what a wonderful, scary, joyful, sad, fantastic job being a mom was going to be! I am so thankful that I am finding out.
What are your memories this week? Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky! If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-ninth!