Monday Memories: The Forty-seventh!

January 24th, 2010 · 14 Comments

When he was one!

My first born child, my oldest boy, starts a driver education class in a couple of weeks.  Wow.  Wasn’t it just yesterday when he was driving his little plastic car around our yard?  Wasn’t it just last week when he would toddle over to us, reach his arms skyward and say, “Pick you up,” when he wanted to be held?  Didn’t he just learn to walk?

My boy will turn seventeen in a month from now.  He hasn’t been interested in learning to drive until very recently.  He hasn’t even been behind the wheel yet.  The weekends have either been too busy, or the weather has been bad.  Two weeks from now he will be in a car with an instructor and three other teens.  My mother’s prayer is this, “God, please keep these children safe.  Help the instructor teach them well.  Let them all take this responsibility seriously.  Keep the crazies that are in other cars away from them, please.”

What are your memories this week?  Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-eighth!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 mrs. e // Jan 24, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I definitely think that there should be a printed ceremonial prayer for ministers and priests to pray over teenage drivers and their vehicles!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Forever Young Pepsi Style =-.

• 2 Good Bye, Sis : LifeSignatures // Jan 24, 2010 at 8:28 pm

[…] and on Gayle’s Monday Memories. […]

• 3 Puna // Jan 24, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Oh my gosh, prayers for you Gayle. I’m not looking forward to this day. And my kids had the exact same car!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..January 24, iHeartfaces Texture Challenge =-.

• 4 elk // Jan 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm

what a sweet photo …he will be a good driver, look at the concentration…i am glad he waited until a little oder…it helps I think…you will do fine mom!

• 5 vchelle // Jan 24, 2010 at 11:42 pm

That photo of your son is sooooooo cute! LOL! My, the grow fast, don’t they? I’m flying high on recent memories and the smile is really big withiin my soul and I’m so happy to share it. I’m simply excited to feel the beautiful wonders of life.
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Simply knowing… =-.

• 6 Se'lah // Jan 24, 2010 at 11:51 pm

they grow quickly, eh?
    such a cute photo.

one love.

• 7 patty // Jan 25, 2010 at 1:46 am

perfect picture for your post… and yes, where does the time go??
    .-= patty´s last blog ..and while we played =-.

• 8 Tracy // Jan 25, 2010 at 9:44 am

Driving… look out world! ;o) Hope all goes well. I recall driving lessons with my Father… Those were not easy times, to say the least…LOL! But I passed the test! Super sweet photo, Gayle…aaawww… Happy Week ((HUGS))

• 9 chocolate and whine // Jan 25, 2010 at 4:02 pm

What a great photo! Try not to worry too much. Have faith. I’m sure he’ll be just fine! (Espeically since he’s got a mom like you.)

• 10 Katie in MA // Jan 25, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I snuck memories of my first camera into my post just so I could play! :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Committed. =-.

• 11 DesignTies // Jan 26, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Ahhh, driver’s ed!! That was the #1 thing on my list of things to do when I turned 16!! Although I’d been driving way before that, in my grandma’s Dodge Aspen on quiet country roads :-)

Cute picture :-) Your son’s little blue car is almost as big as a smart car!! 😉

Kelly

• 12 Kimmie // Jan 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm

It’s a good thing for kids to not be in a gigantic hurry over it …. he must be a very mature young man to be able to wait :)

Blessings on you and the heart palpitations you must have in store for you :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..wag more … =-.

• 13 sunnymama // Feb 2, 2010 at 4:03 am

Oh how cute! He looks very focused on driving. :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Batik Frog Wall Hanging GIVEAWAY =-.

• 14 Norma // Feb 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm

That’s an adorable photo–time will speed up–trust me!

Today I’m blogging about past jobs and how often we change.
    .-= Norma´s last blog ..Monday Memories–So what else is new in the labor market? =-.