Monday Memories: The Forty-forth!

January 3rd, 2010 · 9 Comments

Here’s a really silly photo I came across while looking for old Christmas pictures.

Mexico 1974

My mom is the one on the donkey!  I’m in the “Cisco Kid” sombrero.  Check out my plaid pants!  My cousin Rebecca is in the “I Love You” sombrero and my Aunt Beth is wearing “Sock it to Me”!  What a vacation that was!  My mom, aunt and I were visiting my aunt and uncle that moved to San Diego, California from here in the Northeast US.  (I mentioned them in Monday Memories last week.)  Rebecca was one of their granddaughters that lived there also.  It was my first time on an airplane.  I loved flying.  I loved California!  My aunt and Uncle lived in an apartment complex that had it’s own pool!  I thought that was the coolest.  They had a beautiful view of a mountain from one side of the apartment.  I thought that was cool, too.  I loved the San Diego Zoo, I loved Sea World, I loved the beaches!  Those are some great vacation memories!

Do you have a childhood vacation that sticks out in your mind?

I would love to hear your memories this week.  Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-fifth!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 sunnymama // Jan 3, 2010 at 11:44 pm

What a great picture! I have more mosaics for this week’s Monday Memories. Happy New Year :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..A thank you, a reminder and 50 inspiring links =-.

• 2 Katie in MA // Jan 4, 2010 at 8:33 am

Oh my gosh – what a great photo! And it sounds like it was The Vacation from your childhood. :) Too much fun!!

I wrote about New Year’s Eve memories, but now I’m wishing I had written about something warm and happy like you did – you have no idea how cold it is in my office building!! Brrrr!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Wait – we had New Year’s Eve already? =-.

• 3 DesignTies // Jan 4, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Hahahah!!! Fun picture!! :-) Looks like it was a great vacation for everyone!!!

We went on a lot of camping trips when I was a kid. The trip that stands out in my mind is the one where I fell off a bridge and landed on my butt in the middle of the creek below!! I think that was in Pennsylvania.

I also vaguely remember a trip to western Canada when I was really young — it was summer, and we were walking around in the snow in shorts & T-shirts!!

I dare you to paint your bedroom purple & turquoise…. maybe your hubby won’t even notice 😉

Happy New Year!!

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Did someone say purple and turquoise?? =-.

• 4 What I Got For Christmas 2 & Aunt Shirley : LifeSignatures // Jan 5, 2010 at 11:30 am

[…] on Gayle’s Monday Memories, on Tuesday. I’m a day behind and a dollar […]

• 5 Puna // Jan 5, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love that photo! My gosh it’s hilarious! Love the hats. I’m sorry I’m late with this today Gayle. Just not quite getting it together. I hope it’s not a harbinger of things to come!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..What I Got For Christmas 2 & Aunt Shirley =-.

• 6 elk // Jan 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm

that photo is so funny..plaid pants aside…

• 7 Se'lah // Jan 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

i so love your monday memories. that photo is priceless!

😉

• 8 lailani // Jan 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Ahhh, fun! At first glance, your mom and a lady I use to work with could be doubles!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..I am what you would call, "layering challenged" =-.

• 9 Monkey's Momma // Jan 10, 2010 at 1:07 am

Girl, You were rocking those pants! LOL
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Just Call Me Pinball =-.