My memories at this time of year are very wide ranging in emotion, as I know they are for many people. I remember when I was a child and Christmas was filled with excitement and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. I remember my Aunt Hazel and Uncle Hal coming for Christmas Eve dinner every year. My mom always made cream puffs because my Uncle Hal loved them. My Aunt Hazel and Uncle Hal moved all the way across the country to California when I was about nine. It was near the time that my dad moved out and my house was filled with unhappiness. It felt like the end of so much.
I remember the Christmases when my three children were little. I remember the excitement of leaving cookies for Santa and sprinkling glitter and oats on the front lawn to attract the reindeer! Little ears listening for jingling bells and hooves up on the roof! The thrill of filled stockings in the morning and presents under the tree! Now they do not listen for the bells or the hooves, but they do put thought into gifts for others. They appreciate what they have and want to do good things for others. They are growing into people that I am proud of.
I am remembering people that are no longer with us. The memories warm my heart and at the same time, I miss them very much. So, yes, my emotions are all over the place at this time of year. I think I need chocolate!
I would love to hear your memories this week. Are you needing extra chocolate at this time of year?! Go ahead and leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky! If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-forth!