Christmas Bokeh

December 22nd, 2009 · 11 Comments

Click on any of the photos to view them bigger.

Christmas Lights 12-09 031 (Medium)

Christmas Lights 12-09 009 cropped (Medium)

Christmas Lights 12-09 025 (Medium)

Upside Down Hearts?

Are you ready?  I cannot believe that Christmas Eve is in two days!  My kids have school right up to the 24th, so it just doesn’t feel like Christmas is so close.  We’ve got snow on the ground, temperatures in the 20’s  with lower windchills and bright sunny skies.  It is so beautiful outside!  What’s it like at your house?

Tags: Photography

• 1 mrs. e // Dec 22, 2009 at 10:45 am

Bad weather is headed our way–snow/ice. It isn’t even worrying me. I’m not sure why. I think I have been in the “zone” since Saturday– the Christmas spirit zone. I bet your kids will be excited to be out of school–and sooo ready for Christmas!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Three Sleeps =-.

• 2 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Dec 22, 2009 at 10:46 am

No schools should be in session up to the 24th! That just isn’t right.

We actually already did Christmas when my son, Pilgrim, was here visiting from California. So, it kind of feels over. But fam is coming on Christmas day/night and Sat., and we will do Christmasy stuff then, again….so I have to get the house cleaned up and, of course, there’s always the bathroom project to finish….

Merry Christmas!
    Heidi
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..The Bathroom Project Saga =-.

• 3 Se'Lah // Dec 22, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Love the hearts.

• 4 Kimmie // Dec 22, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Merry Christmas! That must be really hard for your kids to be in school so long ….. hard for them – but maybe not for you (wink)

hugs! Kimmie
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..of coats =-.

• 5 elk // Dec 22, 2009 at 3:47 pm

oh how very pretty Gayle…that really is a beautiful trio of images!

Merry Christmas to a very special friend! enjoy your time off

• 6 patty // Dec 22, 2009 at 7:53 pm

2nd is my favorite shot, and i’m jealous of your weather! it was a balmy 48… just right for rain, and not quite warm enough for me! (i either want snow or warm… none of this in-between stuff!) merry christmas to you! :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..on the 10th day of christmas… =-.

• 7 Katie @ Can't Get There // Dec 22, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I was going to say – Upside-down Christmas hearts! But you beat me to it. :)

Here it is NOT Christmas weather. :( Cloudy, threatening to rain, and 68 today. 68! How’s a girl supposed to be all Christmas-y when it’s that warm out?! Oh well, it will seem more like Christmas when the girls come home on Thursday!
    .-= Katie @ Can’t Get There´s last blog ..Cookies that could broker peace in the Middle East. =-.

• 8 christina // Dec 23, 2009 at 9:48 am

i adore these lights!
    it’s quiet and still here at the moment. me and doggie hanging out.
    xo
    .-= christina´s last blog ..homemade =-.

• 9 spread your wings // Dec 23, 2009 at 11:13 am

my daughter is home and one of my brothers is in town. the spirit is in the air for sure. we all decorated my parents tree together the other night, made ornaments together and await my older brother and his family’s arrival the day after Christmas – that’s when we’ll celebrate . we have the twins birthday (9yrs old) my brother’s birthday, picking up a new puppy for the twins, and more. I wished for snow but I don’t think it will happen… maybe for the New Years.
    Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..my home / mom’s home =-.

• 10 Relyn // Dec 24, 2009 at 8:41 am

Christmas break just started for us today. GAH!! Still, I am so very thankful it is finally here. I was so exhausted from all the hustle and bustle of Christmas with second graders that I fell asleep at 6:45 last night. That was heavenly.

In case I don’t make it by again tomorrow, I wanted to wish you the happiest, the merriest, the laughingest Christmas ever. Merry Christmas, my friend.

• 11 Puna // Dec 28, 2009 at 8:13 am

I like it Gayle!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Christmas 2009 Recap =-.