Monday Memories: The Forty-first!

December 13th, 2009 · 16 Comments

Rainbow Cookies (Medium)

My girl turned fourteen this weekend!  I find it most difficult to write about the people that are most important to me.  How do I put into words how much I love her?  How much better my life is with her?  How she brightens my days with her kindness, her caring, her art, her humor, her love of family, her sweet smile.

Happy birthday, my girl.  I’m so glad I’m your mom!  I love you more than the whole wide world and more than the universe!

Do you have a memory you would like to share today?  Just leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Forty-second!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Dec 13, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I just posted my most recent favorite memory- so I linked up. Happy birthday to your girl! I get how you feel about her- I very much get that!
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..The Homecoming =-.

• 2 Sandra // Dec 13, 2009 at 11:46 pm

What a great idea. Showcase the substantial peices of our lives … keeps us in good perspective

• 3 Sandra // Dec 13, 2009 at 11:47 pm

ps… love the guinee pigs. Gotta be heaps easier to look after

• 4 mrs. e // Dec 14, 2009 at 6:29 am

Belated Happy Birthday to your girl! Hope she has a great 14th year!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..The Snows of Childhood =-.

• 5 Throwing Away Memories : LifeSignatures // Dec 14, 2009 at 8:46 am

[…] Posted on Gayle’s Monday Memories. […]

• 6 Puna // Dec 14, 2009 at 8:48 am

Gayle, another milestone for your family. Birthdays are starting to get bittersweet around here too. Happy birthday to your little girl.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Throwing Away Memories =-.

• 7 Tracy // Dec 14, 2009 at 9:28 am

Happy 14 to your lovely girl, Gayle! 14… so grown up! I love your memory theme for today. Just lately my sister’s daughter turned 1 year old, and I’ve been thinking of this sweet baby a lot and looking forward to seeing her soon. Today I recall a post I wrote the day she was born last year and would like to share: http://pinkpurl.typepad.com/pink_purl/2008/11/a-girl-is-born.html Happy Day, dear Gayle :o) ((HUGS))

• 8 Relyn // Dec 14, 2009 at 11:46 am

Oh, happy birthday to your sweet girl. And, you know, I think you do just fine expressing your love. I can feel it from here.
    .-= Relyn´s last blog ..Don’t We All Have Our Secret Things? =-.

• 9 maya | springtree road // Dec 14, 2009 at 2:06 pm

happy birthday to your girl! :)
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..Hey babe, your hair’s alright / Hey babe, let’s go out tonight =-.

• 10 Katie in MA // Dec 14, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Happy Birthday to your daughter!! I want to hear a daughter memory for her birthday (and Memory Monday)! When were you most proud of her? Or what was the funniest thing she has ever told you? Something cute and funny – although I’m sure you have a million to choose from. :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Christmas memories: The ‘Whoops’ edition. =-.

• 11 elk // Dec 14, 2009 at 5:39 pm

gayle such a milestone for a daughter and her mom…the rainbow cake looked amazing…your love for her sparkles bright!

• 12 Se'lah // Dec 14, 2009 at 6:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your girl. Wishing her many, many more.

beautiful cake. hope you saved my piece.
    .-= Se’lah´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: the last flower… =-.

• 13 patty // Dec 14, 2009 at 10:46 pm

happy bday to your daughter!
    i thought of you today. did you see in the current country living, there’s crocheted mice in an add. they looked cute, but smaller than yours! hope all’s well… :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..on the 3rd day of christmas… =-.

• 14 spread your wings // Dec 16, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I hope it was a special day for both of you. 14 – such a wonderful age.
    love the birthday “cake”
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..spice / nice =-.

• 15 invite health promocodes // Apr 19, 2014 at 7:33 am

Spot on with this write-up, I truly feel this web
    site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for
    the information!

• 16 live superfoods coupons coupons // Apr 19, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Hello there I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by accident,
    while I was looking on Aol for something else, Anyhow I am
    here now and would just like to say thank you for
    a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read
    through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.